Creative E5 DAC and my Marantz SACD SA11-S1

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by han25, Aug 21, 2016.

1. han25

han25

Hi guys,

Before I start, please I just think of something, mean new way to play back those CDs I have bought many year, all "good" or "bad" recording but all is my favourite.

Many year of learning and try improve my audio system with "low cost", yes, I did it some how, take time and waiting.

Waiting ? Yes, the technology is changing that you might not aware, all basic audio components all we are knew, player, transport, pre-amplifier, ..... and etc.

The source, CDs, many CDs at my rack and lost count, hard to find it sometime I want to listen to.
    Slowly I start to convert into WAVE format (44.1KHz 16bits) in to my hard disk for safe keep.

Never think of play back from my computer because the audio performance is not up to my expectation, still stay with my SACD player many years and replaced the pick up few time and still not lasting.(I call it moody SACD player)

Visiting the Hi Fi show every year and looking for new audio solution, found nothing I wanted.
    (A lot matching and pricing issue)

Unexpected, I am looking for a earphone amplifier for hand phone, I found this Creative E5.

At first, I just want it be my hand phone amplifier which I can carry around, but it surprise me when I connected it to my audio system as an DAC, the sound stage and detail is improved, I am wonder how it can be?

After did some reading, the E5 mention about jitter free with "asynchronous" data transfer, hmmm..... and found other DAC is having the same.

Now the E5 is part of my audio system which good to have it. (low in price)
    More to point out, that will be easy to replace the "source" without change the audio quality.

For the change I just need 2 components:-

1. DAC with asynchronous technology.
    2. QED Reference Audio J2P.

The PC now become a music bank. (Transport and File player)

Last, happy and enjoy my collection.

Warm regards

han25, Aug 21, 2016
  2. han25

han25

han25, Aug 21, 2016
Ask a Question