Does anyone know anything about MKVToolNix GUI?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zines, Jan 28, 2016.

1. zines

zines

I am using the MKVToolNix GUI application to make adjustments to video files. Sometimes video files will have more than one language in it and several subtitles for various languages. What I have been doing is removing any track in the file that isn’t English and then mux the file again. I also remove additional subtitles, if for some reason there is more than one track listed. I usually leave one English subtitle track in, but disable it by default, so when the video plays the subtitles are off and if they are wanted, they will need to be manually turned on.

I have a problem with one of the files for the subtitles. I keep setting the option “Default track flag” to no, which means by default the subtitles should not be enabled when the video is played. When I watch the video the subtitles are on. When I again look at the video in the MKV tool, it keeps reverting the subtitle track back to determine automatically. I even removed the subtitle track from the video altogether, muxed the video, and there weren’t subtitles when I played it. I put the subtitle track back in, made sure Default was set to No and muxed it again. Again the subtitles are on when watching the video.

Granted, I don’t need the subtitles and can just remove the track altogether, it isn’t that hard to turn them off manually either, but annoying. I have done this many times and never had a problem forcing the subtitles off, but I don’t understand why this one it will not work and keeps reverting back. I was curious if someone had a fix for this.

zines, Jan 28, 2016
Ask a Question