Hello, My screen name is audioman, iam an ex semi-pro musician from the late 70's-turnned contractor

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by audiomanbw, Mar 16, 2015.

1. audiomanbw

audiomanbw

Ive never done this (not a techy).(joinef a chatroom or anything-I guess im old school).Justa Flintstone trying to become a Jetson! (Lol) However! I do love music and am somewhat of an audiophile. "I've noticed there is a fine line you can cross between listening to your equipment and always obsessively try to tweak the quality, and just listening to the music and remembering why you started doing this! It's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC, the feelings, emotions, rememberance of other times & people n I tend to forget that sometimes & get caught up in equipment quality !!! Was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this?

audiomanbw, Mar 16, 2015
  2. audiomanbw

Ian

Hey audiomanbw, welcome to the forums :D. Glad that you've joined us :).

Ian, Mar 16, 2015
  3. audiomanbw

audiomanbw

Thank you!

audiomanbw, Mar 16, 2015
  4. audiomanbw

Romulus

I know here you coming from with the above view. The only time I listened to music without a thought to HiFi was when I was 5 years old living with my parents in Munich. I remember the 'component' was a large radio (I think it contained valves) and the polished wooden lid on top of the radio lifted and inside was a turntable! At the time what I remember was the music was very organic and I heard Bing Crosby's White Christmas and a wonderful song called Quel serra (what will be will be) sang by a famous American female singer. The music made big impression on me (I was only 4/5 years old) and I was devoid of any thoughts about HiFi - wonderful times! Now I suffer the same obsessions as you describe above (Music = HiFi products).

Romulus, Mar 20, 2015
Ask a Question