Hi from Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dyno12, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Dyno12

Dyno12

Hi all, my name is Stephen from Perth, I would probable get on well with guys who are very skeptical about the religion of "cable magic"
    The sad loss of David Bowie prompted me to want to listen to his work on vinyl. I also find it cool that youngsters are now discovering the "Soul" of Vinyl. And I am very much looking forward to discovering it myself. If I can draw the analogy of hoping they never put screw tops on champagne [​IMG]

In my younger days I listened to tape and later digital sources. But never owned a turntable I am now looking at buying a turntable. I have found a Rega Planar 3, with a Grace 707 tone arm for $350 with an upgraded belt and platter and has receipts for a full service, I think this is a sweet deal but don,t have much experience. Is it a fair deal?

It does not however come with a cartridge. Can anyone recommend one? Not looking for one manufactured on the space station in zero gravity with the stylus being a chip from the Star of Africa diamond:) But a reasonably priced, good sounding Match for the turntable, tonearm combination. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thank you and am looking forward to hearing from you [​IMG]

Dyno12, Jan 15, 2016
  2. Dyno12

Ian

Hey Dyno12, welcome to the forums!. I don't know much about the deal you found, but I'm sure someone else here will be able to advise :).

Ian, Jan 15, 2016
  3. Dyno12

Dissily Mordentroge

Very difficult to recommend a cartridge until we know what you'll be running it into . Do you have both moving coil and moving magnet inputs on your pre-amp/amp ?

Dissily Mordentroge, Jan 5, 2017
Ask a Question