Hifi setup/Music FLAC/MP3/computer connection help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by bleutinum, May 4, 2015.

1. bleutinum

bleutinum

Hello dear forum members,

As a great music and hi-fi lover, but a with a small knowledge of IT, I would like to ask the following.
    My Music set-up:

Technics Se/9200 - SU9200 preampli/amplifier
    Marantz NA 7004 network player (with DA/convertor)

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&ProductId=NA7004

PC with 1,5 Tb memory ( sound card ??)

A have on my Pc a large music collection ( MP3/FLAC) , I would like to play this music in high quality to my music system , optionally with a NAS set-up.

Could someone explain to my how I can make this connection, from what I understood so far, I could make use of the DAC in from the Marantz

I suppose this is something as Qobuz or Spotify, can I e.g make this connection via the USB from the Marantz.

Thanks everybody for the help

Patrick

bleutinum, May 4, 2015
  2. bleutinum

Tenson Moderator

Presumably you can get your PC to share it's music collection directory on the network and the Marantz can play it?

Tenson, May 4, 2015
  3. bleutinum

bleutinum

Thank you for your reply,
    Yes this is the case, but I can only play it back via windows media player, wich will not play Flac ?

bleutinum, May 5, 2015
  4. bleutinum

Tenson Moderator

I take it in this configuration you are playing on the PC and the sound streams to the Marantz? It should also be possible to brows your hard drive directly from the Marantz and play the files like that with no need to use the PC other than having it powered up to share the music files.

However, if you want to make Windows Media Player run FLAC files it should be possible. I quick Google says install the basic K-Lite codec pack. http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/KLite-Codec-Pack_Basic/1094057842/1.

Tenson, May 5, 2015
  5. bleutinum

bleutinum

Thank you , i'll try this

bleutinum, May 5, 2015
  6. bleutinum

matt09

Use JRiver it's definitely the best software out there for this. MPHC is also a good choice

matt09, May 19, 2015
Ask a Question