Home dac/amp ~100€

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Sphyn0x, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Sphyn0x

Sphyn0x

Hello,

I'm looking for some dac/amp for my AKG K242 and Dunu DN-1000 headphones. I mostly listen to dnb and metal. Budget is around 100€. My favorites so far are udac3, audioquest dragonfly black, Hifidyi Sabre 2 and Fiio e10. Can somebody tell me, which one of them is best? Or recommend another one? Thanks

Sphyn0x, Jul 31, 2016
  2. Sphyn0x

Ray1000 Ray1000

My vote would be none off the above. An excellent and little known DAC is Beresford. I have a bushmaster and Caiman Mk2 this is the better of the two but there is not much in it to be honest and I have a very revealing system and I am very satisfied with how they preform. Admittedly it is a little above your price range but if you look on Pinkfishmedia or Wigwam audio forums you will find one for around your budget from one of the eternal box swappers. Especially at the moment as Beresford have recently brought another model out. A plus of the Caiman Mk2 is that it has an excellent headphone amp onboard and you can plug directly into the DAC. You could search e-bay but for what ever reason people there seem to ask new prices. The other thing is if you ever fancy change it is an easy bit of kit to sell again without loosing ! You can read lots on them if you do a search. Good luck with it!

Ray

Ray1000, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Sphyn0x

Sphyn0x

Thanks for reply.
    Two times over my budget is little more than "little" :D
    Surely dont want some swaps, because warranty is great thing.

Sphyn0x, Aug 3, 2016
Ask a Question