How To: Behringer DEQ2496 Room Correction EQ

Discussion in 'Member 'How To' Guides' started by Tenson, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

The sound quality of the analog outputs can be improved.
    www.behringermods.com offer modifications that drastically reduce distortion and also add a volume control to the unit.

Distortion before and after modification.
    [​IMG]

Tenson, Jul 8, 2011
  2. Tenson

Janko

Hi,

I bought a deq2496 and started thinkig about mods, but it seems newer versions of deq do not use opamps for input/output stages anymore. It looks like dacs are strong enough to drive all the inputs with their voltage.
    Have you noticed that? Have I missed something?
    Do you also offer power supply mods for the deq? It seems switching power supply is the weakest link atm.

Cheers

Janko, Mar 18, 2013
  3. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

I haven't seen this on any DEQ, including those purchased within the last 2 months. Perhaps you are missing the op-amps on the under-side of the rear PCB?

I've tried PSU mods. They make such a little difference it is not worth offering as a business. If you can go to the effort of fully replacing the PSU with a linear fully regulated supply, there can be a small, tiny, improvement. It isn't good value for money though.

Tenson, May 25, 2013
  4. Tenson

DAVEDWACK

Hi Simon,
    I've recently purchased s/h one of your modded deq2496 and on following your set of instructions as shown in your video get part way through only to for it to stop with the following message:Noise to ambient ratio too low. Increase pink noise level.

I'm connected up to my quad Classic integrated with xlr out of 2496 into tape monitor in and xlr in of 2496 into tape monitor out of the Quad.

Before I go back to the vendor I wondered if you might be able to assist in any way?

Regards....Dave

DAVEDWACK, Oct 16, 2014
  5. Tenson

DAVEDWACK

Hi Simon,
    As you were, having done a little googling I now realise that all I needed to do was turn up the Amp volume.

I'll now look forward to having a bit of a play!

Regards.....Dave

DAVEDWACK, Oct 16, 2014
Ask a Question