Interference problem with the aux output of mobile phones

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by LaureeGrd, Mar 13, 2016.

1. LaureeGrd

LaureeGrd

Hi. Sorry for bad english and poor knowledge of audio, if I do anything wrong, just tell me.

I'm trying to stream audio from my mobile phone to the pc (a desktop one, not a laptop). I do it with a normal auxiliar cable (2 male jack 3.5mm), and connect it as a microphone or line in so I can record it. Works like a charm.

The problem is whenever I plug the mobile to the pc using an USB cable, it starts making noises and static (I don't really know what type of intereference is, tell me if you need a sound record). If I unplug it, the noise stops.

Connecting the mobile to a normal power supply with the charger doesn't affects the audio. So I suppose it's not a "battery charging" problem.

Here's a list of what I tried until now and still have the problem:

-Connecting the auxiliar to the pc using differents analog inputs, and an external sound card in different USB ports.
    -Connecting the mobile to different USB ports.
    -Using different USB cables (tried 6 or 7).
    -Tested with another 3 mobile phones (One is Microsoft Lumia and the other 3 are androids Samsung, LG and my Motorola).
    -I readed it can be caused by a "ground loop" so I plugged the pc with a 2 pin cable.
    -Trying to solve the "ground loop", I disconnected the black cable of one of my USB ports, to use it for connecting the mobile.

And here's a list of what I want to try:

-Buy another auxiliar cable with gold connectors (since mine's a normal one).

Thanks in advance.

LaureeGrd, Mar 13, 2016
Ask a Question