New Audiophile

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Alexandre, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Alexandre

Alexandre

Hi masters of sound...
    I'm new in this world of audiophiles ... But first I present my self... My name is Alexander I'm from Portugal... And very soon, from young boy I've the dream to have a good set up sistem sound in home.. And finally I've bought one (used of course)... But sometimes I've a sensation that I have make a bad deal... Perhaps you can tell me soo...
    Descrição ...
    ARCAM ALPHA 10
    MSB DAC III
    TEAC VRDS 25
    B & W CDM 7
    and old
    Yamaha E492
    JM LAB
    DVD PIONIEER ...

That's it...

Thank all, have good sounds...
    See u soon...
    Bye

Alexandre, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Alexandre

Ian

Welcome aboard Alexandre! :)

Ian, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Alexandre

Alexandre

Alexandre, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Alexandre

Johnnyo

Excellent choice especially for s first time buyer, if you can mount cd and dac on wall shelf to reduce feedback it helps. The best cables you can afford. I buy van den hul on ebay quite-cheap £20. Will help to get the best sound out of your new hi fi. If you clean the mains plugs and all fuses with brasso/ metal polish followed by switch cleaner it makes a HUGE difference. Clean the fuse/plug on your amp just to prove to yourself! Good luck! Johnnyo

Johnnyo, Oct 5, 2015
    Alexandre likes this.
  5. Alexandre

Alexandre

Hi Johnnyo, thank u very much... yes i must to improve some details, now with your help and knowledge i will get this... you advice mee better cables it s one the things i have thinking, so if i understand, u tell me this brand "VAN DEN HUL"? i will buy it, and if i clean the mean plugs fuses of teh Amplifier and CD Player, ad the DAC? its that John? Brasso/metal Polish where i can find this, i will seek in the net...
    how mush time the the set plays i think more and more it´s the quality sound... Johnnyo thank u very very much...@++

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2015
    Alexandre, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Alexandre

Johnnyo

Hi Alexander, Brasso can usually be found in supermarkets under household cleaning. Its s metal polish/cleaner. Suited to brass . Copper, stainless steel and chrome. You can use cotton buds, or any cloth you wish . You would be amazed how much black. Bomes off a 13 amp fuse. There is a top of the range contact cleaner called Kontact. Never used it as it is not cheap. Usually buy contact cleaner in maplins/ radio spares. As i say, it makes a big difference. In fact a budget system properly installed will sound better than a hi end system poorly set up. Interconnects are available at all prices! Chord are good value, the van den h also and are available on ebay. There are many ways to save money. A carpender could make and install a 2 tier wall shelf for cd and dac. This will stop vibrations reaching cd. Regards johnnyo

Johnnyo, Oct 10, 2015
Ask a Question