Pioneer SX-737 problem

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dandanflake, Sep 12, 2015.

1. dandanflake

dandanflake

I recently bought a Pioneer SX-737 and have been loving it. It is too powerful for the speakers I am currently using it but I've been careful not to turn it up too loud. It is connected to my computer system. Last night I was playing it all night with no problems. I woke up this morning however, and when I turned it on both speakers made a noise (as they occasionally did when I turned it on) however this time no sound was coming out of either speakers. I'm confident it's not my computer causing the issue as I can get sound out of my headset directly form the computer. My audio settings also shows that it is outputting. I've tried my receiver on AM and FM and I can hear sound coming from it internally from the radio stations yet nothing from either the left or right speaker. The right speaker was left under my window last night and it rained. I didn't realize this until after I turned on the receiver which has me worried it shorted out something in the receiver. After inspecting the speaker only the top appeared wet. The cord in the back was dry has was the front of it. Any help or insight as to whats going on is greatly appreciated. I'm stressed out as my locale stereo clinic is closed until Monday. Thanks

dandanflake, Sep 12, 2015
  2. dandanflake

Johnnyo

Simplest solution is to try another pair of speakers. If all is well then existing speakers are faulty. Next step if 2nd pair of speakers exhibit the same symptom is to substitute another amp. One could also try a cd player at this stage. All variables are then tested. If speakers are faulty one could measure resistance. Most are 4 to 10 ohm.. If amp is faulty check inside for Ny sign of damage. Check any internal fuses. In the old days speakers could be protected from powerful amps by in line fuses . Hope this helps.

Johnnyo, Oct 5, 2015
Ask a Question