Survey on Session Characteristics - University Project

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by jcrox, Sep 6, 2016.

1. jcrox

jcrox

Hello Everyone!

I am currently in the process of writing my thesis and completing my audio production degree and I need to gather some data using this questionnaire.

Its quite short and only multiple choice therefore I am hoping some of you guys would be up for helping out!

The survey is in relation to your average session file. This is to gather information on size, length, tracks - audio and aux, collaborators and amount. It could also provide a useful insight for yourselves.

The link is: https://kwiksurveys.com/s/EAFFP8lj

A little bit about the project:

I will be designing, building and implementing a web based audio mixer, programmed using HTML5’s implementation of the <audio> tag, Google’s AngularJS and PHP. In this case, the user will have the ability to upload stems across multiple channels, work in real-time collaboration and manipulate multiple parameters such as Gain and EQ. The aim of this project is to see whether the web technology available today is capable of performing this task, how effectively it functions and whether possible to expand upon thus building a fully functioning DAW environment. Whilst the practical aspect will only be a prototype at this stage, the aim of this project is to fill a hole in the market and to develop a tool that could later be expanded to a fully functioning online DAW.

Thank You!!!

jcrox, Sep 6, 2016
Ask a Question