3-gang unswitched wall sockets?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by midlifecrisis, Feb 26, 2004.

1. midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis Firm member

Anyone come across them? Can't seem to find any of these - not sure if anyone actually makes them. I want to replace my switched one with unswitched, and without having to faff around changing the sunk-in box and filling the wall if I replace with a double given that the room's already well decorated...

midlifecrisis, Feb 26, 2004
  2. midlifecrisis

Sid and Coke

I've seen single/double conversion to triple in the likes of B&Q, the ones I've seen convert your existing pattress box. They usually are a bit thicker to accomadate the extra hardware.
    Why can't you just convert your single into a triple and leave it like that ? It is quite easy to do. If you are renting at the moment the landlord probably won't even notice, I always think that you can never have too many sockets in a room. 3 way face plate unfortunately it doesn't have a badge though. I'm sure that all of the 'named' manufacturers do similar items if you must spend more.
    HTH.

Sid and Coke, Feb 26, 2004
  3. midlifecrisis

Paul Dimaline

B&Q sell them. I was going to use one myself but used a MK unswitched 2 way instead as the 3 way is fused.

Paul.

Paul Dimaline, Feb 26, 2004
  4. midlifecrisis

That's great - i'll order one. My existing socket is 3 way si it's a simple repacement. I've got a 2 way MK one in another room, but MK don't do 3 ways - so I was looking at having to fit a two way in and then patch up - wouldn't care if it was a landlords, but this is my own best room....

cheers
    Roger

5. midlifecrisis

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

themadhippy, Feb 26, 2004
  6. midlifecrisis

...but that one is bristling with switches!:)

Ask a Question