AC/DC Re-issues & UK Concert

Discussion in 'General Music' started by ilockyer, Oct 8, 2003.

1. ilockyer

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

Anyone out there bought any of the re-issue series that's come out fairly recently? I saw a fair few in the HMV sale, but didn't take the plunge and get any, but am seriously considering getting For Those About To Rock, Back In Black, Highway To Hell and If You Want Blood... if they're worth it.

Also, AC/DC return to the UK for a one-off show at the Hammersmith Odeon (now called the Carling Apollo Hammersmith or something similar) on October 21, tickets onsale Monday 13 October through www.carlinglive.com, prices frozen at £10, the price when they played there last in 1980.

http://www.nme.com/news/106378.htm

Think that show may have to be done...

ilockyer, Oct 8, 2003
  2. ilockyer

RDD Longterm Lurker

Whoa, that would be awesome, seeing Angus doing his stuff up close :slayer:

I've had a look at the albums and already own Back In Black on vinyl and Who Made Who on CD, but the shear number of albums they've done was totally overwhelming. I just stood there in front of this massive rack of them and thought "it's gonna cost about £200 to get this lot" :student:

That sort of thing puts me off really and I'm happy with what I've got. Besides their starting to sound a little old hat now The Darkness have arrived!!

Interested to hear if they sound any better than the originals though....

Cheers,
    Rick

RDD, Oct 8, 2003
  3. ilockyer

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

I only have Powerage on vinyl (STILL not got round to playing that yet!) and Who made who on CD, but am myself tempted by ...rock and Highway to hell - where's that credit card? No... must... resist...

Ian - I could well be up for that gig - for a tenner it's a no brainer! Oh - arse, can't do it - it's a bloody schoolnight and I can't get the time off right now... :(

domfjbrown, Oct 9, 2003
  4. ilockyer

adox

if you want blood...... is definitely worth it, if you don`t have it on cd already. its how every live album should sound, and to compare the darkness to them after listening to this is quite incomprehensible:yikes:

adox, Oct 13, 2003
  5. ilockyer

I've had If You Want Blood on various formats (taped from library and LP) for a good 4 or 5 years, superb album. Might pick it up on CD eventually, especially since the gig tickets were sold out at 9:01 this morning and I didn't get any :( Could use the money for CD buying!

ilockyer, Oct 13, 2003
  6. ilockyer

Mr_Sukebe

I just tried to book the concert via Carling Live, already sold out.

Mr_Sukebe, Oct 13, 2003
  7. ilockyer

Goomer

Back In Black sounds great on the remastered disc, IMHO. I've not heard the 'normal' cd though, having it on vinyl and loving it like that.

Anyone else try for the tickets for the Hammersmith gig this morning? I thought I'd failed as kept getting 'This page cannot be displayed' messages when clicking on the 'reserve 2 tickets' button. Checked my email shortly after, though, and have one confirming my reservation - let's rock! :slayer:

Goomer, Oct 13, 2003
  8. ilockyer

Goomer

Sorry, Mr Sukebe - Your post wasn't here when I was typing mine, and I don't want to give the impression I'm rubbing your nose in it. I was online from 8.40 and was having loads of problems getting in(see above) and noticed that sold out note came on at about 9.05.(didn't go on sale till 9).

Sorry you weren't lucky.

Goomer, Oct 13, 2003
  9. ilockyer

Congratulations, hope you have a great time at the show...

still can't believe it sold out that quickly though.

ilockyer, Oct 13, 2003
  10. ilockyer

Goomer

Holy s***! Has anyone looked for these tickets on ebay? A couple of single tickets in the completed sales have now sold for around £500.00, and someone with a buy it now of £1100.00(!!:eek: ) for a pair closed the auction early, presumably cos they sold for close to that sum.

I'm going, no mistake, but it's mad to think I could probably sell my spare for enough to buy a decent bit of hifi kit. Not sure if a new amp is worth me having my brother never speaking to my again, though.....:JOEL:

Goomer, Oct 16, 2003
  11. ilockyer

dave

I've got two copies of back in black on vinyl and they have a pop at the same spot of shook me all night long. It pisses me off but the vinyl version rocks.
    The whole album is awesome timing and power.
    Goomer,
    what differences between the vinyl and CD did you notice?

btw i've seen them twice live. Angus Young is such a legend!!!

Dave :JPS:

dave, Oct 23, 2003
  12. ilockyer

Goomer

CD had it for clarity in the upper regions but lost, to my ears at least, some of the bite of Angus' guitar in the mid range. Bottom end was low and tight, although sounded slightly unrealistic with bass drum sounds - some of this might be to do with my playback system though, as a cheapish DVD player was having to compete with my LP12. Oh yeah...and no pops ;)

They rocked at Hammersmith, by the way...with me turning into Beavis(or Butthead, depending upon your preference) for the 90 minutes they were on.

Goomer, Oct 23, 2003
  13. ilockyer

dave

thanks Goomer,

great variation of source there..
    to quote B & B about the DVD as a CD player compared to LP12
    "I don't like stuff that sucks" Beavis
    "yeh he he he he he he" Butthead

I have cd and LP for highway to hell, for those about to rock and there is just a superb naturalness to the drums and strums on vinyl. My naim CDi comes close to the linn axis/basic/k9.

I think I'll buy the cds anyway!

Dave :MILD:

dave, Oct 23, 2003
Ask a Question