Adding more speaker driver to a single driver bluetooth speaker

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by vanossplays, Jun 23, 2018.

1. vanossplays

vanossplays

Hello, i have a Bluetooth speaker but it only came with a single speaker driver. So, i had a another speaker driver laying around, so i thought if it's possible to wire the old speaker driver to the bluetooth speaker.

Here i attached 2 image to roughly what I'm trying to do, i want to connect Speaker 2 (Blue Labeled) to Speaker 1 (Red Labeled) by disconnecting wire from Speaker 2 board and connecting it to Speaker 1 board. So im adding Speaker 2 to Speaker 1 so two speakers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vanossplays, Jun 23, 2018
  2. vanossplays

Sergeauckland

Yes it's possible, but why bother?
    Firstly, if you put them in parallel, the amplifier will see an increased load, and it may or may not be happy driving that.
    Secondly, both of those loudspeakers look like nominally full range, i.e. with no bass and limited treble, so there would ne no improvement in sound quality, and could very likely make it worse.

Unless you can let us know what benefit you're trying to achieve, it's difficult to give more advice.

S

Sergeauckland, Jul 4, 2018
  3. vanossplays

Jeff Lee

I agree with Serge. Many years ago I tinkered with trying to get odd speakers to work together but was always disappointed with the result, mainly because I couldn't design a crossover to allow for different frequency ranges and didn't have a clue about enclosure design either. I then built a complete loudspeaker from a well-designed kit, complete with drive units, enclosure, and crossover with easily adjusted settings. The sound was (to my ears) terrific, and it taught me what went into a good loudspeaker. So unless you are happy to just tinker and play and see what happens (including damaging your amplifier if it lacks protection systems) I would forget it.

Jeff Lee, Jul 7, 2018
Ask a Question