Aeon truecap

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by early, Aug 30, 2007.

1. early

early

Anyone know anything about Aeon truecap's .

Got them in my speaker crossovers that I'm currently playing with
    ( ie , making external ) and I was wondering if I should put something " nicer " in .

I have googled them but found nothing , they have very few markings on them , just the brand and ratings .

They look like polyprops to me but I'm not really sure . Anyone heard of them .

early, Aug 30, 2007
  2. early

early

It's ok now , I've found them . Should have been Axon , seems they are a middle of the road metalized polyprop .

Anyone know of something better that won't cost a fortune , I looking at 15uF , 6.8uF and 3.9uF rated at 250 VDC , 2 of each .

early, Aug 30, 2007
  3. early

Nuuk

My guess is that what you have will not be significantly worse than anything else you can buy without spending big money!

So save your money, perhaps try some (polyprop) bypass caps, build your crossovers into a wooden box with as little metal used as possible, and sit back to hear what improvement that makes.

Later, you can decide if you want to treat yourself to something more 'exotic' and of course, with the crossovers out of the speakers, it will be relatively easy to do the swap. ;)

Nuuk, Sep 1, 2007
Ask a Question