affordable valve company not responding

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Lt Cdr Data, May 21, 2005.

1. Lt Cdr Data

monty99

Didn't I read on his web page that there's no such thing as a Class A amp unless it has transformers the size of a house, therefore the whole industry is lying to people?

If he's describing his amps on the faceplate as Class A and they aren't then he's breaking the law ...

Personally I wouldn't deal with him at all, his hysterical witterings are more than enough to put me off, it's clear before you go near the company what sort of idiot you would be dealing with. The fact he would go to such effort writing complete crap about competitors' products tell you everything you need to know about the man.

monty99, May 22, 2010
  2. Lt Cdr Data

Ray1000 Ray1000

I concur with all the opinions, I bought a EL34 from Lim about 7 years ago.
    I sent him an extra £100 for two extra sets of valves, the amp arrived (beautifully packed) but the two spare sets of valves were not with it. He told me that they didn't have valve's of the values needed for my amp and he would send them on when he got the next order in. After about 6 months I still hadn't got the replacement valves. On calling I got fobed of several times. I ended up taking other goods to the value of the £100.
    I don't think anyone will ever have got a full set of winged C and 5670 valves for the £50 he stated on his site. I can only imagine that it is a ploy to get people to buy from him as replacement valves are only £50.
    The amp is OK, but, there are much better amps around!
    The fact that Lim is so arrogant and guarded around (his amp design) is very of putting. When I compare Lim's attitude with someone like the talented Les at Avondale Audio who would go out of his way to assist you with technical stuff even when your not buying from him,,,,,,,, well just say I won't but from Lim ever again!

Ray1000, Oct 11, 2010
  3. Lt Cdr Data

The General

The General

Bought Lim el34 in 2005. June 2014 decided time for new valves, have tried every kind of messaging to AVC, 1 reply saying had flue, would deal with my need for valves within 1 day, never did, I have kept messaging, phone, ebay, text, email to lim, not 1 reply, so bought 4 KT66, mayched up, found a PA Company a few miles from me, they set up bias for £36, and it now sounds great, better than ever.

Point is nothings changed at AVC, its still impossible to get a reply.

Avoid them.

The General, Nov 14, 2014
Ask a Question