Airtangent set up / cartridge

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by brian, Dec 15, 2003.

1. brian

brian

I'm looking for the right cartridge for my Airtangent/Nordic concept which replaces my trusty LP12. The LP12 is fully upgraded, and includes Ekos arm, lingo and linto with akriv catridge.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting the Airtangent going, so if anyone has experience to share I'd appreciate it. I'm looking for a V.D.Hull Grasshopper, Lyra, or Koetsu or equivalent for the Airtangent.

brian, Dec 15, 2003
  2. brian

merlin

Hi Brian,

to be honest, I don't know of any forum members who have experience of such an exotic arm, but would be happy to be proved wrong by the likes of Dean or Titian

It might be worthwhile posting over at audioasylum in the vinyl section. If you have trouble selling the Linn (unlikely!), do PM me as I know of someone looking for exactly that setup.

Cheers

merlin, Dec 15, 2003
  3. brian

SCIDB Moderator

Hi Brian,

Nice looking combo. I haven't used a Air Tangent tonearm but I have seen & heard a few over the years so I can't really offer tips on setup.

I agree with Merlin, try on the Audioasylum site as there is a wealth of info about turntables on that site.

http://db.audioasylum.com/cgi/searc...essage=&sort=score&sortOrder=DESC&forum=vinyl

Also contact Absolute Sounds in London as they are (or were) importers of the tonearm.

For anyone who wants to see an air Tangent, look here.

& here with the Nordic turntable.

Look here for some info & here as well.

Also you could contact Audionord as they make the arm.

I think absolute Analogue are the importers of the Nordic turntable so you could contact them.

SCIDB

SCIDB, Dec 15, 2003
  4. brian

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I think Stuart at Audio Atmosphere sells them aswell.

I could be wrong, but I think so.

It looks to be a very special combination, hope it sounds great!

bottleneck, Dec 15, 2003
  5. brian

Midlandaudiox

Having sold a great deal of Air tangents over the years im pretty well versed in all of them except the 2000 model, which if you purchased it from AA (simon) is probably what you have.
    But if its a
    1C
    1B
    10b
    or Reference i can help.
    Cheers
    john roberts

Midlandaudiox, Dec 15, 2003
Ask a Question