And again in the twilight zone.....

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by timpy, Jul 16, 2003.

1. timpy

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

Ok don't get me wrong, these are a cracking pair of speakers....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036096552

but what I don't understand is this:

The guy put them up first time with no reserve at a first bid of 80 quid, and a BUY IT NOW of 125. A bit strong really unless they are immaculate, but 80 is ok. Anyway they went their course without so much as a sniffter.

So the guy relists them for 120 quid BUY IT NOW only! Naturally they go all the way round again untouched, after all, they didn't draw any interest at 80, so why would they at the now 50% greater minmum price with no auction fun.

So, undeterred, he's shoved them up again, at, yep you've guessed it, 120 BUY IT NOW only again. I think it's what they call a planter. Perhaps he's praying for a miracle?

Cheers

timpy, Jul 16, 2003
  2. timpy

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I do all my dealings through my girlfriends ebay acount so i'm not sure but, how much does it roughly cost to post an ebay add?

If it's only a few pennies then it could well pay off for him. Chances are that someone will be along eventualy and pay for them. That's free p+p too!

Just need two bidders, then let them fight it out and pay over the odds for it!

I've *won* things in the past when no ones took up the buy it now and offered what I thought a MOre reasonable price.

MO :D

MO!, Jul 17, 2003
  3. timpy

timpy Snake Oil free!!!

If someone particularly wants a pair, then they will got for it of course. Ebay will waive re-listing fees if it goes second time around, however I'm sure about multiple re-listings!!!

Surely the guy must get the idea that they're too expensive really. He may have slipped in the free P+P in one of the iterations to sweeten the deal, but still...... at 80 +20 P+P it's still only 100 quid, not 120, and no-body went for that!!!!

Cheers

timpy, Jul 17, 2003
  4. timpy

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

He's obviously an el-toolarino...

Like the guy who's had a Nakamichi CR1E on there with Buy it now of £199 - it's been there months - even more so than some of the houses on the market in Devon (about blooming time prices came back down really) - if someone won't bite on your price and you won't lower it - you will just have to sit it out. Some people never learn do they?

domfjbrown, Jul 17, 2003
  5. timpy

ilockyer rockin' in the free world

The only thing in his favour is that, apparently, shipping is free, but even so, it's still £30 over what they were listed at originally (assuming shipping was not included in the cost then)... I don't know how it works with things not selling more than once, but you usually get at least one re-list free if your goods don't sell.

ilockyer, Jul 17, 2003
  6. timpy

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Also it says free P&P but then under the payment it says shipping costs £15 - buyer to pay for all postage costs.

I am also going to take my cassete deck of ebay as its £18 with no bids, I wanted £30 it, anything less I may as well keep it (it looks pretty on my shelf)

amazingtrade, Jul 17, 2003
Ask a Question