Any experience/opinions of the "t-preamp"

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Commited, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Commited

Commited

Commited, Jan 5, 2006
  2. Commited

ditton happy old soul

confusing:

"We've friendly called it T-Preamp though it has nothing to share with Class T amplifiers nor with Sonic Impact or Tripath. It uses absolutely traditional technology.

"Provided you give it a decent power supply, the unit sounds convincing and entertaining and it is very hard to believe this kind of performance can be achieved at such a low price. Anyway, it is NOT a preamp that can rival with serious high-end units. It sounds sometimes cold and dry, for example. And even bass is a bit shy, especially in the first octave.

"If the T-Amp bug has already stung you...well, you NEED this T-Preamp to build an impressive pre-power combo that will leave your friends simply speechless."

the T-amp makes for great picnic and 'guest bedroom' system for visiting mp3 players, especially with the NXT speakers. But this seems to be coat-tailing. Is being Chinese, battery powered, and moderately cheap (with no mods) really a T-badge?

ditton, Jan 5, 2006
  3. Commited

Commited

They called it the t-preamp for the reasons they stated. It's a TCC TC-754.
    You cant expect something for £50 to rival high end valve pre-amps. It does look like its constructed nicely, and gives fair scope for some simple and effective tweaking.

I'm just looking for a cheap pre-amp that wont be a bottleneck to my system. I'm going to buy one and test it against the Meridian 101 pre-amp we have in the house.

Commited, Jan 5, 2006
Ask a Question