Any experience with Bleunote Stibbert

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Garmt, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Garmt

Garmt

Sorry for this 'again-a-new-cd-player-on-the-market-how-is-it' question...

On a show in Brussels, I heard this CD-player play BEAUTIFULLY! It reminds me of non-os (it is actually) musicality, but with less personality and more authority. Anyone who knows this player or has heard it?

[​IMG]

Specs:

http://www.hifi.com.sg/products/cdplayer/bluenote/stibbert.htm

Garmt, Oct 19, 2005
  2. Garmt

bottleneck talks a load of rubbish

I havent heard it no!.

There arent many bluenote dealers in the UK. Connoisseur Audio in Fife, Scotland used to be the UK distributor/ or a dealer (not sure which).

They have certainly gone to town on isolating the cdp from groundbourne vibrations - at least thats what Im assuming all the rigging is about.

How much was it going for?

bottleneck, Oct 19, 2005
  3. Garmt

Garmt

In the States, it goes for around $4,950.00.

Garmt, Oct 19, 2005
  4. Garmt

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Yep I've had one bought an ex demo for $3kisk, different, I'll give it that, great centre piece to look at. Does a few things well, not the things I like LOL.
    Not sure about back up though.
    Still haven't found anyhing to make me change my cdp, other than the full p01/d01's
    Why not tune the nos dac buy a big ben and use a wadia 8/20/270 transport if you like it that much G?
    failing that if you ever in the UK, you may want to drop in for a listen

wadia-miester, Oct 19, 2005
  5. Garmt

Garmt

What DOES it do well and what DOESN'T it?

I am searching for the distributor here in The Netherlands.

It isn't that I like it that much, sometimes I hate it! It has all the flow and harmonic rightness, but sounds cluttered when things get going... :( It can also sound a bit lacklustre sometimes. I am looking for something more upbeat, with more energy and control, but with none of the dirtyness of these d*mn upsampling machines...

Sure would like that... Just to get to know what you are talking about... :)

Garmt, Oct 19, 2005
  6. Garmt

boy_lah

I've auditioned it and posted my experience elsewhere in the forum

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showt...5163#post135163

I know of a few small guys/dealers that have Bluenote stuff but not sure if they're 'exclusive' or just trying them out.

The Stibbert comes in two versions - the valve and non-valve. Forget the non-valve version. Bluenote also makes more basic players...nothing amazing those...

boy_lah, Oct 19, 2005
  7. Garmt

Garmt

I have re-read your earlier post (I remembered the post the moment I saw it... :rolleyes: )

Garmt, Oct 19, 2005
  8. Garmt

boy_lah

Having heard a few players now I look for players that are most importantly 'musical' not just hifi. By that I mean coherence i.e. doesn't fall apart once things gets complex, holds it together like music and not disect it into pieces e.g. bass, mids, person singing etc... Other qualities include whether it draws you into the music. These are much harder things to listen out for unless in your own system.

Lushness is just a colourisation which may or may not be a good thing. Bass, speed, depth, width, inciveness, attack, detail etc etc are all important hifi qualities. But for me, a CDP must utlimately hold the music together.

To answer your question though. I would rate this as an 'average' good player but nothing spectacular.

boy_lah, Oct 19, 2005
  9. Garmt

Setting Son

Hi all,

The Bluenote website is pretty good. Videos of turntable set-up etc. - why don't more maufacturers do this; it's easy and cheap to do these days, with a Mac anyway.

Have you heard the 47Lab Shigaraki? Sounds like just what you are after.

ss

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
    Setting Son, Oct 19, 2005
  10. Garmt

boy_lah

No but I quiet enjoy the 'japanese' sound which often focuses on the overall musicality/coherence usually over hifi attributes. Ideally i want both (yes, greedy) but i now tend to choose musicality over hifi.

I've been using a range of japanese products include the excellent AudioTekne Litz cables/PCs - 500 strands like Kondo but a fraction of the price and in some ways better. Very transparent, very coherent but miss the nth degree of incisiveness and bass attack of some more hifi cables. But unless unlimited funds, somethings got to give! 8 )

boy_lah, Oct 19, 2005
  11. Garmt

Setting Son

Definitely hear the Shigaraki asap.

Know that feeling ;-)

Setting Son, Oct 19, 2005
  12. Garmt

Garmt

While we're at it, another Italian contender: Audia Flight CD One

[​IMG]

I heard one today. Had great tonality and dynamics, very 'fluid', very musical, uses CDM Pro2.

Any comments?

Garmt, Oct 20, 2005
  13. Garmt

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

G,
    I'll put my experiance with the bluenote into non tone speak,
    It was pretenious hifi dross, major air/space lovely sound pipe and slippers to go, naturalish, tonaly quite sweet, no nasties, no good points for me either.
    as musical as an M/F :rolleyes:
    Haven't heard the above player, and ditch those nordost cables and your start to hear what your missing. really

wadia-miester, Oct 20, 2005
  14. Garmt

Garmt

O.k. Clear... :)

Musical Fidelity?

Will consider... :)

Garmt, Oct 20, 2005
Ask a Question