Anyone familiar with TS-parameters

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by kuifje19, Jan 23, 2018.

1. kuifje19

kuifje19

Don't know how to ask but I want to make a set of new boxes.
    Therefore I am in search for a few good woofers.
    The ones I found end up in some enclosure of 150 liter or so... Can be a bit smaller. then they cutt-off earlier.
    Now I think of placing 2 smaller woofers in 1 chamber, but what to do with the TS-params.

Add the VAS, Divide the R or Z0 by 2 or multiply... ( Chassis should never be in serial anyway )
    then the other params... ? You could put even different chassis parralel...
    But then how to calculate or simulate ???? if even possible.

I found a lot of documentation but never found any info about what to do when you put 2 chassis in the same cabinet.
    It is a bit expensive to just buy and see what it does... So I want to calculate a bit and simulate also in BoxSim

For some reason 2 chassis can pump up the lower range of the spectrum, and thats my goal.
    I want to go as low as reasonable, 30 Hz at -3dB or so...
    Most systems I tried grow to large boxes... Too big !

For example, my old Visaton WSP21S does produce the low organ sounds, but it could be somewhat louder.
    They start falling off at 40Hz. I think the 30 Hz is there almost at -10dB

[ When you start the falling-off at say 40 Hz, then there is plenty of choice... Same for comercial systems, the most expensive are better and go to 30 Hz or a tiny bit lower... ]

All the links to some documents or maby Knowlege you want to share is welcome.

Until now I have the Idea my goal is too ambitious, and those low sounds are making only standing waves ?
    So it might even better to forget it ? I have no experience with that !

kuifje19, Jan 23, 2018
  2. kuifje19

kuifje19

Silly, but I just stumbled upon the answer myself in this article:
    http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/SBA-16-MTM.htm

It says : Using two drivers doubles Vas and reduce Re to half, all other parametres stay the same.

So, it only pumps up the SPL and does nothing for the base at all.
    But If I experiment with this knowledge in Boxsim I think it is not 100% true ?
    There also must be some difference in Rdc and also the Le ?

But what about The Le and the Rdc ? It cannot be true they remains the same. Or do they ?

kuifje19, Jan 24, 2018
Ask a Question