Anyone have any working knowledge of these Capacitors?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by ListeningEar, Jan 30, 2007.

1. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Got a quote from a company in the Far East for what they say are high grade audio capacitors. The brand name is CDE:

http://www.cde.com/new/

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with these?

Need a couple of replacements (amplification stage, not PSU) for my Marantz integrated amp I use for my PC system.

ListeningEar, Jan 30, 2007
  2. ListeningEar

spev

I don't have any experience with them, but they look interesting as they're one of the few companies that can supply values and can sizes that I need. Out of interest, which caps have they quoted you on and what prices?

ta

spev, Jan 31, 2007
  3. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Hi Spev,

I have been quoted by a company in the Far East right now. $5.50 each (yes, US Dollars) for a 10000uF, 63v, 105C cap and $1.50 each for a 1000uF, 63v, 105C cap. Shipping was $12.00 for 22 items.

I also looked at a company called Digi-Key.com, they have a good selection of caps in stock and also have a Java applet with live online support so you can ask the Tech guys there what is the best cap for your application. Trouble is, on orders below £75 you have to pay a £10.00 handling charge plus shipping which I think for the same quantity of items was round about £12.

At the moment the source in the Far East loooks much more cost effective.

I am replacing the caps in my Marantz PM-66SE amp (used in my PC system) by the way. One is no good and I have been talking
    to Zanash on the subject and he recommends using 10 x 1000uF in parallel rather than going for direct replacement of 2 x 10000uF caps. Thought I would look to buy both types just in case ;)

ListeningEar, Jan 31, 2007
  4. ListeningEar

spev

you may want to look at www.rapidonline.com - they have a sale on until midnight tonight and have dubilier caps on there (not sure if they're the same company as cornell dubilier)

I've just bought some of these:

http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...C+PCB+electrolytic++capacitors&moduleno=62543

they also have the 105C caps here:

http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...-in+105°C+PCB+electrolytic&moduleno=62544

no idea how these compare to the cde or any other caps for audio but thought I'd give them a try as they're the only other caps other than generic panasonic ones I've found in the can sizes I need.

having done a quick search on diyaudio there's lots of praise for cde caps on there

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
    spev, Jan 31, 2007
  5. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Thanks Spev but I did not see the correct caps for my application. Will give the CDE's a go I thik ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 1, 2007
  6. ListeningEar

zanash

Why not ask for a sample say five of the value you need ?

zanash, Feb 1, 2007
  7. ListeningEar

ListeningEar

Already done that with Rapid ;)

ListeningEar, Feb 1, 2007
  8. ListeningEar

zanash

for other free sample join ti.com [texas instraments web site] ...you will be amazed at what you can get as samples ...

zanash, Feb 1, 2007
  9. ListeningEar

T-bone Sanchez

Hi Pete,

Can you just order these free 'samples'? ie, get a list together and ask for them??

T-bone Sanchez, Feb 1, 2007
  10. ListeningEar

zanash

yep you log on go to there page on say opamps and down the side it will say buy or sample ....you click on that and fill your basket as if you were buying ....even the postage is free ....they get over in three or four days ..well my last lot did ....

its the old story about not ordering 100...but say four or five of each type ....I got some opa637 last time allong with about 8 other chips.

zanash, Feb 1, 2007
Ask a Question