Arcam Alpha 9''s Bi Amped???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by peez, Sep 9, 2006.

1. peez

peez

Hi there,
    I used to run an alpha 8 and 8p bi amped, but semi recently bought a 9 integrated, and was intending on buying a 9p to continue the bi amping theme, but wondered if anyone else had experience of using these bi amped and their thoughts - even better did anyone change from a pair of 8's to 9's?

Using B&W CDM2SE's fed by a Micromega stage 4 or my Technics SL1200 with Rega arm etc.

I listen to everything from Plastic Bertrand to DJ Krush to Bizet to Michael Garrick. I like detail and weight.

Thank You

peez, Sep 9, 2006
  2. peez

A.N.

i used a 9 and 9p a few years back biamping mission 752f/and royd abbot. superb grip and transient response. put it this way, after moving to naim amps , a few months down the line i wish i'd kept the arcams.

A.N., Sep 9, 2006
  3. peez

hifikrazy

The power amp section of the Alpha 9 is good and let down slightly by the pre, so adding in another power section should improve matters. Ive heard biamped 9s running into CDM1s making really good noises, usual biamp impovements, more solid sound, grip as mentioned. Slightly easier to follow the tune in complicated passages.

hifikrazy, Sep 10, 2006
  4. peez

peez

Thanks for that guys,
    It's useful to be able to get others opinions. The one thing I have always liked about the arcams (8's biamped and my 9) is that the music is fuller bodied than many alternatives. I have heard the Roksan Caspians and felt they were too lean, love my friends Musical Fidelity Nu Vista M3, but out of my price range etc etc. an Alpha 9p it is then.

peez, Sep 10, 2006
  5. peez

zanash

yes if you like the arcam family sound this will give you loads more of the same ......the integrateds in my experience have a reliability problem but can be fixed by arcam [though not cheap if out of warenty]

zanash, Sep 10, 2006
Ask a Question