Are there any Plinius SA-250 owners on the forum?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mondie, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Mondie

Mondie

Hi all,

l recently purchased an SA-250 power amp from New Zealand that l hope to take delivery of tomorrow. l have been running a hybrid valve power amp but my speakers have a nominal 2.5ohm impedance and l felt the amp was struggling, even though l liked what l was hearing.

The SA-250 comes highly recommended by many owners as an extremely powerful, smooth and dynamic amp that often appeals to valve lovers. l guess l will soon know.

l was curious if there are any Plinius power amp owners on the forum, if so please post your experiences with these amps.

Cheers Simon

Mondie, Feb 20, 2005
  2. Mondie

greg Its a G thing

Class A (David) uses Plinius gear and has some connections with their distribution in the UK (I think).
    HTH
    G

greg, Feb 20, 2005
  3. Mondie

Class A

Hi
    I use the Plinius Sa250 IV and the Plinius M8. You will not be dissapointed in buying this moster amp, I have tried many other big brand names and settle for the plinius for its valve like sound and endless dynamics. One thing I will say is, you must sit the amp on something solid.
    I like this amp so much that Im toying with the idea of buying another one to have a mono set up.....1KW balance pure class A per channel.....
    Cheers

Class A, Feb 20, 2005
Ask a Question