Audiocom mods/upgrades?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by greg, Jan 2, 2004.

1. greg

greg Its a G thing

Howdy...
    I wondered if anyone had exploited any of the CD/SACD mods provided by Audiocom http://www.audiocominternational.com

I dont plan to DIY (hence not posting in the DIY forum) and am interested in any experiences, comments, etc.

My weapon of choice and the subject for upgrade is the Sony SCD-1 so specific experience with this machine would be even better.

Cheers
    Greg

greg, Jan 2, 2004
  2. greg

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Greg, you are spot on with upgrading the sony, It's in dire need of a kick in the pants, I believe kit taylor has an audiocom modded sacd1, and enjoys it (he posts as kit on here), My brother has one of the top loading machines which take an eternity to load, audiocom did a full monty on his (£1200??), clock/psu/regs,caps, op-amps usual stuff, it is better than the stock by a reasonable way, although cd replay still leaves a bit to be desired :rolleyes: however they can be improved for sure, audiocom arn't the only ones which modify stuff, Trichord, LC Audio. Wm

wadia-miester, Jan 2, 2004
  3. greg

Lt Cdr Data om

how about omiga audio:D

ask chea-johndle, he has some xp of modding...

Lt Cdr Data, Jan 2, 2004
  4. greg

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Heh. He designed the Audiocom Superclock, so I guess you could put it that way...

I-S, Jan 2, 2004
  5. greg

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Iain, far too modest, to even mention such a thing :eek: , besides, you ever taken the top off one ?, Fun time frankie :D . Wm

wadia-miester, Jan 2, 2004
Ask a Question