Audiocom

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by T-bone Sanchez, Nov 2, 2005.

1. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

:mad: Has anyone used these??

I ordered some capacitors last week and still no sign, Ive checked my order with them and it still says on order yet the money has gone out of my account. Is this typical of them, I was going to order something else but Im thinking twice

T-bone Sanchez, Nov 2, 2005
  2. T-bone Sanchez

penance Arrogant Cock

penance, Nov 2, 2005
  3. T-bone Sanchez

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I always thought it was spelled with an n? :confused:

I-S, Nov 2, 2005
  4. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Oh great! just great, Ive spent my hard-earnt with a company called audiocon, thats a lesson learnt. I'll ring 'em later and if no luck I'll see if I can get the funds back.

T-bone Sanchez, Nov 2, 2005
  5. T-bone Sanchez

hifikrazy

You will get the stuff from them. However, they do seem to take ages and their prices are not the best. I ordered from them twice ages ago and never didnt get my order but it took too long so i wouldnt order from them again. (I think they over stretch themselves)

hifikrazy, Nov 2, 2005
  6. T-bone Sanchez

zanash

Hm.....
    I've not spent money with them. Though I have communicated with the chap who runs the ebay shop. I thought some of his info on some cables was dodgy....we exchanged emails and said he would alter it....I have not bother to check if he did. The result is I'm not certain I would do business with a chap who has trouble with well known facts, even if it was a typo you'd think he would have checked the info before putting it up.

They always seemed a little expensive but I never hear anyone compain over the quality of service or goods recieved though.

I should give it another week before you start to make waves though.

I sent a chap some stuff ...took four weeks to get to Dublin I could have walked there quicker!

zanash, Nov 2, 2005
  7. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Still no sign, sent a NICE email on wednesday asking for a delivery time and havent got a reply, not impressed at all, Ive had stuff delivered from China quicker than this. Im most annoyed about no communication, no sign on monday and I'll phone and let them know what I really think.

T-bone Sanchez, Nov 4, 2005
  8. T-bone Sanchez

Anex Thermionic

Like Hifikrazy said, you will get the stuff eventually but from what I've heard its one guy running the business from his shed or something and never checks his email. Friend of mine waited ages for black gates from there but at the time we couldn't find anywhere else to get them. When I ordered I got them extremely quickly, guess it just depends on whether hes looked at the pc or not.
    Zanash: Are they the air core silver things? I have one of those, its very good. I wouldn't buy from him again if I could help it though :/

Anex, Nov 4, 2005
  9. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

If he said that its a one man affair serving the enthusiast Id be abit more easy going (and no doubt get a better service) but the fact is he's very upfront with his marketing and ebay store and likes to paint a pretty picture about the company; Audiocom International, (is that like Peckham International Traders??) I also think if your going to be a mail order company communication is vital.

10. T-bone Sanchez

technobear Ursine Audiophile

Patience my friend. All businesses start out this way. You don't become Dabs.com overnight!

A lot of companies don't realise just how much business a website will generate and are not prepared for it. If people are patient they will grow into more efficient businesses but it's very hard to start out that way as the funds just aren't available.

I had the opposite experience from a company I was a bit dubious about last week. The Falcon Acoustics website is not the greatest and you can't order online. I was going to dismiss them but I couldn't find the goods elsewhere at a competitive price so I sent them an order in the post with a cheque. That'll be at least a week I thought. The goods were on my doorstep the day after next! I was gobsmacked. So kudos to Falcon Acoustics for excellent service.

Patience :)

technobear, Nov 4, 2005
  11. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Falcon have been going for quite a while and are highly regarded. Audiocom have replied and will give me my money back as the items I ordered arent in stock, good job I ordered elsewhere.

12. T-bone Sanchez

zanash

Errrr....Audiocom have been running for years, at least 8 to my knowledge.

They appear to be trading on ebay ....maybe you could contact them via that route ?

Item number: 5826381842

zanash, Nov 4, 2005
  13. T-bone Sanchez

mosfet

Another thumbs up for Falcon Acoustics from me – always received excellent service.

Wilmslow Audio on the other hand a little hit and miss – damaged components on more than one occasion due to poor packaging.

mosfet, Nov 4, 2005
  14. T-bone Sanchez

ChrisPa

I bought a Superclock off Audiocom from ebay (1st4audio), and then ordered some hexfred diodes at the same time
    - no problems
    - quick response
    - no complaints

I'd be patient in this case. I've had good experience with them/him.

ChrisPa, Nov 8, 2005
  15. T-bone Sanchez

T-bone Sanchez

Got an email from them, items ordered not in stock so they've offered me a similar cap or my money back.

T-bone Sanchez, Nov 9, 2005
  16. T-bone Sanchez

hifikrazy

What were the caps? Might be worth getting the money back and going elsewhere. Most stuff can be got elsewhere - except perhaps the nichicon muses KZs (nice caps)

hifikrazy, Nov 9, 2005
Ask a Question