BBC - Radio3 World and New Music - Late Junction

Discussion in 'General Music' started by auric, Jun 20, 2003.

1. auric

auric FOSS

I'd like to say that in my opinion the BBC Late Junction offering is a rather good place to find new music.

I try to listen to it most evenings and an evening spent with Fiona and Verity is indeed an evening well spent.

Auric

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2003
    auric, Jun 20, 2003
  2. auric

michaelab desafinado

Cheers for the link auric - I wondered if the show was listenable on the net - it's the only way I can listen to it.

BTW, I'm going to the Late Junction prom on 2nd of August - should be good :cool:

Michael.

michaelab, Jun 20, 2003
  3. auric

timbo

Auric

You might also want to try Mixing It at around the same time on Sunday nights, I find Late Junction Ok, but I The range of stuff on Sundays is more to my taste.

As for Kershaw on Fridays, how can somebody with such good taste be so irritating??

timbo

timbo, Jun 20, 2003
  4. auric

cookiemonster

cookiemonster, Jun 20, 2003
  5. auric

auric FOSS

Charlie Gillett

Timbo,

I also find Charlie Gillett and his "World Music" spot on the World Service, FreeView and DAB also good value.

The published playlists give me a chance to folow a singer or a song that I have heard even when using the very non -hi-fi World Service medium wave!

I think the BBC does a good job of background information about artists, songs and presenters - it all helps to makes for a good listening experience.

Auric

auric, Jun 20, 2003
  6. auric

timbo

Re: Charlie Gillett

Auric

Can't argue there, scary thing is after years of refusing to listen to Radio 2 (for all the obvious reasons) I've gone straight onto Radio 3.

Still its probably best to miss out grumpy middle age and go straight to senile dementia:D

timbo

timbo, Jun 20, 2003
  7. auric

auric FOSS

Timbo,
    prehaps a few visits to Bob Harris and his weekend show or his country show or even Nick Barraclough and his country show are in order before you surrender to Fiona & Verity on R3.

You never know you might just start to like little bits of R2 or even develop a taste for Country music!

Auric:)

auric, Jun 22, 2003
  8. auric

HenryT

Have to agree with you lot, Late Junction and Mixing It on R3 are definitely my first choices for when I want to blow the cobwebs away and listen to something really different. Kind of refreshes the parts that my more conventional day-to-day listening habits don't usually reach. :MILD:

HenryT, Jun 23, 2003
Ask a Question