Be careful with Eichmann Bullets

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by PBirkett, Sep 17, 2003.

1. PBirkett

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Anyone who has cables with Eichmann bullets, I would advise to be very careful with. THe build quality on these things is absolute shite. I began to listen to some music this morning, and found that one channel was not working. I wiggled about with it a bit, and found that it was intermittent. So I tried my trusty TNT X-Cable (with cheapo shark plugs) and it was fine. This cable has been unplugged and plugged loads of times, and the shark plugs have held up fine.

I opened up the Eichmann bullets and found that the return pin on one had snapped clean off, and the return pin at the other end was severely bent, snapping the adjacent bit of plastic on the threaded bit.

Absolute dog shit for £25.

All I've done is plugged in and took it out a few times. Worked fine when I first made it.

I simply dont think I could recommend these things to anyone - they were soldered correctly and carefully, and I am not impressed that it could be so flimsy and crap.

Rant over. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PBirkett, Sep 17, 2003
Ask a Question