Behringer DCX2496

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Smithy, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Smithy

Smithy

Just got one delivered today,seems they are around again ,havent unwrapped it yet,are they different to the last available version?
    Smithy

Smithy, Jul 10, 2006
  2. Smithy

Tenson Moderator

Well there was mention through one of the distributors of it being new and improved. I'm not sure what that entails exactly and it could be complete rubbish.

The website doesn't mention anything new.

Tenson, Jul 10, 2006
  3. Smithy

MacReady’sShack Rattling shuddering LFE.1

I've been using a DCX2496 for several months now, its got a few pros and cons with a little hiss issue if turned up to maximum level. Setting the output levels crossover settings EQ which limits due to “free percentage %†space when using, crossover, EQ and dynamic EQ filters.

MacReady’sShack, Oct 26, 2007
  4. Smithy

Tenson Moderator

Hi,

A little shameless plug for myself here, but the modifications I offer for the DCX clear up the hiss issue 100%. :)

The 'free percentage' thing can be an annoyance, but I think that if you need that much EQ you probably need to go back to the drawing board with the speaker design. Thats my experience anyway.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Tenson, Oct 26, 2007
  5. Smithy

Yes, thank you very much.:) The hiss is only audible when everything is turned up VERY HIGH! But I keep it relevantly low, but still the hiss is there.

Are there any simple pictures, that show you, step by step from modifying the circuit board, to applying the new components as I don't read diagrams too well, but I can handle a soldering iron thou.

I've just looked at the link in your signature, is this modification costly?

6. Smithy

Tenson Moderator

Hi,

I don't offer the mods as a 'kit' with instructions. Too much of a chance for things to go wrong, not to mention the plans being passed around.

The cost of the mods is on the website, it depends how many outputs you want to have modded.
    http://www.audiosmile.com/dcx2496.htm

If you have any questions then feel free to email or send a PM. The forum is not really for doing business, but I just thought I would mention the mods since you commented on the hiss.

Tenson, Oct 26, 2007
  7. Smithy

Thank you.:)

It's never really worried me, it seems to be isolated to one channel “right†only when the output is set to
    +15db, when I reduced the EQ on the right channel down to -15db at 8KHz for an example, the hiss was minimized. The hiss seems to be around 8KHz going upwards.

Anyway its not a real worry but if the need calls for me to shell out for the cost of a modification, then so be it. For the meantime I can deal with it, the amplifiers level for the HF is set low as there's no need for high range to rip my ears off in small space.

Ask a Question