Belcanto CD2 player

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by wadia-miester, Aug 11, 2007.

1. wadia-miester

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Just arrived this week is the rather special Belcanto CD2 player, serious build, funky, compact size, yet BIG on performance.
    The shortest path to sonic purity. The CD-2 provides uncompromising playback of your treasured CD collection. Using the CD-Pro2M professional top loading CD mechanism as the core of the design, the CD-2 provides the best access to the source of digital music both in audio data retrieval and mechanical reliability. With the latest generation of Sample Rate Converters and the Bel Canto Ultra-Clockâ„¢ circuit, the CD-2 is the perfect companion source for supplying digital data to the Dac3.
    High-performance RCA and XLR audio outputs with selectable level control enable you to directly drive any amplifier for the ultimate in compact, high performance CD playback.
    Sporting a neat and discrete off board power supply, (DC input to the player only) this quite superb players, manages to deliver seriously good hi-end performance at a very realistic price.
    Very musical, sporting great dynamics and decent bass weight coupled with spot on timing, yet in a smooth and flowing manner. Superb player, great price £2395
    Now on permanant demonstration............
    Contact Paul/Tony on..................http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/contact.asp

[​IMG]

wadia-miester, Aug 11, 2007
  2. wadia-miester

shrink

Looks gorgeous, ive owned the S300i integrated (and will own it again in the not too distant future) and this may make an excellent source partner to it.

shrink, Aug 13, 2007
  3. wadia-miester

FreddytheEagle

My latest cdp is the pre-curser to the CD2, the CD1 which is the full width version BC no longer make. I love it's charachter-less presentation, and in that I mean it imparts to my ears very little colouration of its own, and is certainly the least digital sounding player I have owned. Timbre and emotional content come through in bucket loads.

I'll bet the CD2's a stonker too if the CD1's anything to go by.

FreddytheEagle, Aug 13, 2007
  4. wadia-miester

spiver

Hey Freddy where did you buy your CD1? I may be looking for one. If I bought one from the US do you know if the voltage can be changed for the UK?

spiver, Sep 1, 2007
Ask a Question