Belden 89259 supplier in the UK?

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by BlueMax, Sep 26, 2004.

1. BlueMax

BlueMax

Speaker cable and I/C designs by Jon Risch using Belden 89259 seem to be popular among DIYers in the US.

Does anyone know a UK supplier?

Thanks. :)

BlueMax, Sep 26, 2004
  2. BlueMax

TL Geezer

I managed to obtain 33m from a cable company in Maidstone, they ordered it from Belcom Cables (www.belcom.co.uk) who in turn had obtained it from a company in Anaheim, California (no name on label). All this info was revealed by the labels attached to the reel. Be aware that it was expensive (rather more than I understood it was going to be) at about £10 per metre. However I have used it to biwire my PMC OB1s, and to construct a number of ICs with Bullit plugs, all giving excellent results. So in real terms it probably wasn't that expensive, after all!
    It may be easier and cheaper to source it directly on Take Five Audio in Canada (www.takefiveaudio.com) who list it at Cdn$2.60/ft for 100ft+ length, which works out at about £3.80/m plus duties and carriage. It looks as though they ship internationally.

Cheers

Richard

TL Geezer, Sep 27, 2004
  3. BlueMax

BlueMax

I have tried to source Belden cables in the UK before. Highest quotes were from the a local electrical stockists. Best quote in the UK come from Anixter (Tel: 01895 818181) a major Belden Distributor, though 40% more than Anixter in US. But no one will quote for less than for a reel. 100 meters!

So I guess you are right. For small lengths one of the Canadian companies for DIYers might be the route. Have to try and get a friend or relative to buy it and post it privately to avoid getting clobbered with import duty, VAT and admin fees by the carrier.

Glad to know that you are pleased with the results :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2004
    BlueMax, Sep 27, 2004
Ask a Question