Beltism....is it still alive ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by zanash, Apr 26, 2005.

1. zanash

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Listen Pete, thats nothing there's a whole 'gaggle' of Beltists living in Kent mate, and they make the master seem thame, even using new dusters to dowse the speaker drivers of evil spirits (static) before listening comences. I kid you not :eek:

wadia-miester, Apr 30, 2005
  2. zanash

zanash

won't the drivers get wet? is that of or with evil spirits ......I used a micro fibre cloth on my speaker cones ....got the dust off really well. My speakers are powered by evil spirits now ...no not the T-amps there electro evil spirits..I mean statics.

zanash, May 1, 2005
  3. zanash

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

They'll be holding sayonces next and chanting 'Tell us the best sound system' oh and dot forget the red dots about the room too, to encourage 'good spirits'

wadia-miester, May 1, 2005
  4. zanash

Bob McC living the life of Riley

The word is seances

Bob

Bob McC, May 1, 2005
  5. zanash

narabdela

FFS! I thought this lunacy had expired in the 80's.

narabdela, May 1, 2005
  6. zanash

Camden

The Death of Beltism Has Been Greatly Exaggerated.

It’s very much alive. Though that address is not. Its been updated. Peter has been continually producing new products for 30 years now; the last being just a few weeks ago, the “Universal Magnabloc”. It works a treat. :MILD:

“Beltism” has been alive since the dawn of man. So don’t worry, it’s not going anywhere. But asking the “collective opinion” of Beltism from people who know anywhere form absolutely nothing to next to nothing about it, and all assume its a bunch of twaddle? Not a wise move, my friend. The responses are as predictable as the sun and the rainfall. That’s why I’m here. To shed a little light on the dark ignorance. :JPS:

"But the trouble is ..some things work .....a lot don't but some do !”

No. They ALL work. Things in audio don’t “work or not work” depending on your personal ability to hear them. Or even depending on whether they can be objectively measured or not.

I know. Some nervous people are very saddened by that.

Joe: "It all comes down to whether you can trust another person's hearing “

That is a bizarre statement. Have you not learned to trust your own hearing?

"Here's the view of "Stereovile", a magazine that I ignore (as I do all the others) because of its belief in magic, but this article shows that all hope is not yet (quite) lost:”

Here’s another one: http://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-113

Funny how you don't ignore a magazine you call "Stereovile", when they are echoing your beliefs. But now I guess you’re gonna go back to ignoring “Stereovile” again, as they’re not necessarily spouting what you want to hear any longer. Way to stay on top of things in the ever-evolving world of audio!

"Polishing fuses i can understand, i cant reconcile purple ink helping a fuse. Maybe electrons prefer the calming influence of purple!

Or maybe you’ve let your technical schooling become a religion. "All hail Lord Newton”. :slayer:

"As for Beltism, it's possible to convince yourself of just about anything.”

Which you’re demonstrating quite aptly, in your unfounded remarks against Beltism, thanks. :JOEL:

Camden, Jul 18, 2014
Ask a Question