Blue LED

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by matthew2456, Dec 21, 2003.

1. matthew2456

matthew2456

today i cahnged the LED in my a400, instead of the cheap red coloured one i replaced it with a blue one used in a lot of new equipment, cost about 30p and makes is look that little bit newer and more expensive (did wonders for the sound quality too !!!! ;) )

matthew2456, Dec 21, 2003
  2. matthew2456

zanash

Awe now I thought you were going to tell us about illuminating your cdp transport with blue led light. I'll just have toget round to dong it myself one of these days. The yellow/amber water clear one's also look good with black faced kit.

zanash, Dec 22, 2003
  3. matthew2456

julian2002 Muper Soderator

zanash,
    i've been wondeing about this blue illumination of the transport too. any chance of a write up when you do it? seriously, if the 15k kalista can cite it as a performance enhancing feature there MUST be something in it, mustn't there?
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Dec 22, 2003
  4. matthew2456

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

dont know about improvments in sound but my olds revox cd player had a green light inside,looked ratjer cosmic seeing your cd's disapear into a green "cavern"

themadhippy, Dec 22, 2003
  5. matthew2456

voodoo OdD

My folks had an old Sansui CDP that had a green LED inside. Many a day was spent as a small child wondering why it was there:D. It was rather :cool: though.

voodoo, Dec 22, 2003
  6. matthew2456

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Some times the use LEDs as a diode but use an LED instead to indicate that the circuit is active.

amazingtrade, Dec 23, 2003
  7. matthew2456

Sid and Coke

I was thinking of doing this to my X-Can V1 once I've finished all the mods, just as a kinda final 'this one has been modded' touch.
    How do you know what spec of Blue LED to get though ? eg Voltage , etc. Can i just measure the voltage across the LED legs on the existing one, whilst it is lit , to find this out ?

I put some new Valves in this morning - Russian , Audio-Harmonix 6922's , very happy so far. There was a definate and very obvious change in the sound, which was a good thing. Early days yet though. I've got some NOS 1960's or 70's Mullards in the post too, so a proper test is on the cards for the new year once they've all been 'Burnt in' ( I hate that expresssion , but i suppose it is OK the use it when talking about Valves and Electrolytic Caps, ;) )

Christmas and the In laws are really getting in the way of my listening pleasure - bah Humbug !

Sid and Coke, Dec 23, 2003
  8. matthew2456

zanash

Most led of the correct dia will work....just alter the res value to give the output you need. The blue ones do tend to be very intense so it may need a bigger resistor to limit the current.

OK so after crimble I'll try and set up a test .... i've a small blue led torch that I can use to illuminate the transport, so that seems simple enough.

I can normally hear the difference between green edged cd's [compareing one on one] so we'll see what happens.

Happy Christmass to everyone.

zanash, Dec 24, 2003
Ask a Question