Bluetooth transmitter with a valve headphone preamp?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by secondstand676, Feb 11, 2020.

1. secondstand676

secondstand676

Hi all,

Don't tell me that this is a dumb question, because believe me, I'm already moderately aware that it could be. I'm surprisingly more sympathetic with people who come to me for IT help nowadays after spending time online trying to figure audio stuff out now which is alien to me.

Tried posting this on Reddit, but that wasn't happening, so question is this:

Been given a Little Dot MK2 Valve Preamp, main use is for headphones but can be plugged into whatever as standard preamp it seems. I just want to know if it's worth getting a bluetooth transmitter and using it with this thing until I get a more appropriate set-up - the only pair of headphones I have at the moment is a half decent sony bluetooth pair which I've only ever used by connecting to inbuilt bluetooth on my PC.

Basically I want to get some kind of use out of this thing before I get the funds in to do a more appropriate set-up, I'm just wondering if I'm completely wasting my time in getting it to work with my current bluetooth headphones via a transmitter or not, that's all. Would I get that so called warm sound of the valve preamp by using it in this way, or would I notice no difference between it and just connecting straight to my PC without it. I must stress, I know this isn't an ideal use case, but please humour me.

Cheers!

secondstand676, Feb 11, 2020
Ask a Question