Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour

Discussion in 'General Music' started by I-S, Mar 16, 2007.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Anyone else listened to this? Fridays at 9pm on BBC Radio 6 Music, or streamable on demand for the week afterwards (got to love the squeezebox!).

For those not aware of it, Bob Dylan is actually the DJ. He picks a theme for the week (last week it was the devil, this week eyes), and plays a whole load of songs on the subject and gives a little bit of info about the artist. He also mixes in the odd bit of poetry reading or similar.

It's an interesting format. Dylan focuses primarily (unsurprisingly) on Folk, Bluegrass, Rock and Roll, country, etc. Obviously a lot of what he plays is things that influenced him, and cover largely the period of '45-70 or so.

I find it interesting in conjunction with the internet, to find out plenty of things I didn't know before (For example he's just put on Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl, which I now discovered that Dylan did a cover version).

I-S, Mar 16, 2007
  2. I-S

Stuart

Hi,

I've been downloading these from the torrents for a while now (30 something episodes). The theme idea works well and Dylan usually comes up with some interesting musical choices, occasionally suprising. Well worth listening to.

Stuart.

Stuart, Mar 17, 2007
  3. I-S

MO! MOnkey`ead!

And where might one find these?

MO!, Mar 18, 2007
  4. I-S

Stuart

Stuart, Mar 18, 2007
  5. I-S

dreftar

dreftar, Mar 18, 2007