Buy an amp from china or...?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ethereal_heart, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ethereal_heart

ethereal_heart

Hi everyone. I hope you're all well. I'm new to the forum (well I lurk now and again) and like most peoples first post, I'm posting a question, or seeking advice :D

I've got just under £300 to spend on an amp. My heart is almost set on importing a Korsun (Dessun) u2 from China. This is because it seems like better value than anything available locally (that's the UK BTW) at that price, especially when considering the amp is new (and that it's an oem version of the £2k Red Rose Rosette!). Of course, I'm not clued up on all the options and that is why I'd like to know If anyone could suggest an amp that would be a better buy than this.

Thanks

ethereal_heart, Jan 13, 2006
  2. ethereal_heart

zanash

I picked up a half decent valve power amp and valve pre off ebay [both were chinese sourced] for less than £200. I was stung for tax on the pre which doubled its cost to £70 . If you want more info pm me.

I very pleased with the modded units, both have been rebuilt and revalved at £100 approx total. There is some good stuff out there ....you just need to keep your wits about you.

zanash, Jan 13, 2006
Ask a Question