Canon 300D digital SLR

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Mr_Sukebe, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

For sale, my Canon 300D D-SLR.
    The camera is one year old and works perfectly and I've owned since new. It's completed around 5000 actuations.
    The body will come the original box, battery, manuals, charger, connection lead, shoulder strap, software and front cover. In addition, I'll be including:
    - x2 spare BP-511 batteries
    - 1GB compact flash card
    - A Lowepro camera bag, appropriately sized to take the 300D with a decent sized lens mounted. As an example, I've used the camera with my Tamron 28-75 and also 17-50 XR Di lenses.

Note that the camera does have some nicks and scratches (not that many, but they are noticeable), though these have no impact on performance or functionality.

In use, the 300D is a 6mega pixel D-SLR and was class leading when it was launched. Compared to any point and shoot, it'll murder them. For those of you considering a 350D, it's an interesting alternative. From reading on sites such as the Fredmiranda forum (pretty much the Zerogain of the camera world), the 300D is rated as "very good", with the 350D as "excellent". So the 350D does take slightly better pictures, but then it also costs a lot more. The 300D will take all EF and EF-S lenses (unlike the 1D I replaced it with). Lastly, the 300D is a nice size to hold, sitting somewhere between the 350D (which I found too small and cramped to be comfortable with) and the 30D. It's also substantially lighter than the 30D, which can certainly be a benefit whilst karting it around.

What the camera body won't come with is a lens. I found the kit lens on the 300D to be rather dissapointing, and quickly replaced it with the Tamron 28-75, which frankly blew the kit lens away. Note that the 350D comes with the same kit lens as the 300D.
    I sold my old kit lens on Ebay for £50, so if you really want something fairly cheap and cheerful, they can be picked up for not much. Personally I'd suggest something like the Tamron 17-50 that I'm also selling, which is on par with a Canon 17-40L for image quality and doesn't cost nearly £600.

Any questions, please PM.

I live and work in London. For anyone here who wishes to collect, that will nicely save the postage.

I'm looking for £250.

Mr_Sukebe, Aug 17, 2006
  2. Mr_Sukebe

djdstone

Do you mean that you’ve taken 5000 pictures?

djdstone, Aug 18, 2006
  3. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Yep, that's what I mean, spent too much time on the FM forums unfortunately.
    As it happens, that was a guess and on checking last night, it's taken under 3000.

Mr_Sukebe, Aug 18, 2006
  4. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Goes on Ebay this week unless I have some interest.

Mr_Sukebe, Aug 21, 2006
  5. Mr_Sukebe

shrink

i take it this was sold then?

shrink, Aug 27, 2006
  6. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Not yet, just been too busy to get it photographed and on sale.

Mr_Sukebe, Aug 27, 2006
  7. Mr_Sukebe

shrink

just due to mums boyfriend buying a brand new nikon D50 i find myself jealous and wanting to own a DSLR

how would you say the 300D stacks up against the D50 in terms of image quality and operational smoothness. I understand the standard canon 18-50 lens isnt all that much cop.. but will canon AF lenses from a 35mm fit?

shrink, Aug 27, 2006
  8. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

I've never used a D50, so can't really compare the picture quality from an actual usage perspective. Having said that, what I've read is that the 350D usually seems to get slightly better reviews from an IQ perspective when compared to the D50. As similar things were said when comparing the 300 to the 350, chances are that there's not much in it between the two.

To my knowledge, all EF and EF-S mount Canon lenses (i.e. all of their AF lenses), will work fine with the 300D.
    I've personally used it with the std kit 17-55, a Canon 50mm F1.8, Canon 70-200 F4L, Tamron 17-50 XR Di and Tamron 28-75 XR Di. It's given good results with all of them.

Mr_Sukebe, Aug 27, 2006
  9. Mr_Sukebe

shrink

you have mail

(no you actually have a PM.. but ive always wanted to say that)

shrink, Aug 27, 2006
  10. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Photo here:

[​IMG]

Mr_Sukebe, Sep 6, 2006
  11. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Ask a Question