Car Audio Question

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by pearldrummer1111, Feb 23, 2024.

1. pearldrummer1111

pearldrummer1111

First off, thanks to anyone who reads and tries to help, and I apologize for being long winded here as I want to give as many details as possible.

So I just recently got a new car; it's a 2024 VW Tiguan with the Fender Premium Audio stereo system. I had a 2007 Toyota Rav4 prior with no premium audio system. From the moment I had my Rav, I played music solely from CDs or an iPod/iPad hooked up via an AUX cable. That car had a simple EQ with Treble/Mid/Bass ranging from -5 to +5 as settings. I typically had them set between 3 and 5 and got some pretty darn good sound and low end.

Upon getting the new car, the speakers are a big upgrade in clarity and overall sound, but I'm not getting the low end as I would have expected, even though there's a subwoofer. I do play my music through Apple CarPlay and I have read that CarPlay does have a tendency to make music sound dull, with no depth and a lack of low end. I've tried Bluetooth and plugging in directly, and there's not much difference. I've even changed the EQ on the Apple Music app on my phone to "Rock" and it didn't help much at all.

So, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to try to maybe get some better depth and low end. Should I try putting all my music on a USB stick and playing through that? Or does anyone else have a recommendation?

Also, on my iTunes (Apple Music App) on my laptop, I have tried to play with the overall EQ for the whole app (I'll attach a photo) , and that makes a clear difference in sound through my headphones. Does anyone know if I keep the EQ turned on, if I transfer songs to either my iPhone or hypothetical USB-C stick.. will those EQ settings transfer as well? Or do I have to change them on each individual album (I'll attach a photo)? When I turn off the main EQ, and try adjusting on just an album by album basis, it doesn't seem to do anything ( I know the screen shot says 'none' but when I do put it to 'Rock' or anything else, it doesn't have a difference in sound) Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. If anyone needs me to clarify anything further, please let me know! I'm certainly no expert on audio, but I can tell there's a lack of low end and depth, and I'm hoping I can improve things.
    Thanks, everyone!

AppMus1.jpg AppMus2.jpg

pearldrummer1111, Feb 23, 2024
Ask a Question