cd7Q - audiocom upgrades

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by muffinman, Feb 1, 2004.

1. muffinman

muffinman

i own a cd7Q that i am happy enough with. the lure of a psx-r however is always there. i was wondering if anyone has heard the merits of audcoms upgrades and if so would they represent a greater improvement pound for pound than the power source upgrade. also feel free to suggest moderately priced wholesale upgrades for the cdp itself. i am intruiged by a s/h shanling i have seen for 1k. any views?

muffinman, Feb 1, 2004
  2. muffinman

Ya-Boo

I had a CD7Q a while back......ok ish..performance but noisey transport, fussy about playing certain discs added PSX-R and
    the differance was instant improvment throughtout,well worth
    £250 s/hand,IMO i,d rather spent £250 on psx-r than £200 on clock upgrade + you can get all your moneyback for psx-r when you again move on

K

Ya-Boo, Feb 1, 2004
  3. muffinman

GAZZ

Im not sure the Audiocom clock would fit in your cyrus, not much room. Had Clock fitted to my Arcam 7se was a good upgrade but IMO you would be better going for the psx-r

GAZZ, Feb 2, 2004
  4. muffinman

yogus

From an old HFC review, it mentioned that the CD7Q already had very low jitter levels, so the benefits of adding a clock upgrade may not be as great as for other players.

I agree with ev1 else, go for the PSX-R.

After that, you can always go for the much anticipated Cyrus DAC-X.

yogus, Feb 2, 2004
Ask a Question