Chants, Hymns and Dances- ECM New Series 981 9613Chants, Hymns and Dances- ECM New Se

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by kenneth cooke, Jul 18, 2006.

1. kenneth cooke

kenneth cooke

Chants, Hymns and Dances- ECM New Series 981 9613

Music composed by Georges Ivanovich Gurdjieff and Vassilis Tsabropoulos and performed on piano and violincello by Vassilis Tsabropoulos and Anja Lechner.

Very gentle music with moorish overtones superbly played and recorded. This album makes wonderful backdrop music for dinner with friends or late evening chill out.

Gurdjieff 1877- 1949 was a philosopher, reconciler of science and esoteric lore, a seeker after the "truths" that linked a multiplicity of spiritual traditions. He is claimed to have studied over 200 religions. Keith Jarrett also recorded works by Gurdjieff also on ECM "Sacred Hymns"

kenneth cooke, Jul 18, 2006
  2. kenneth cooke

zygote23

I've been snapping up the monthly vinyl offers from ECM and have picked up some real gems. I'll have to give this a listen though.

zygote23, Jul 18, 2006
  3. kenneth cooke

kenneth cooke

I have aquired some ECM vinyl recently. It is secondhand and mint. I gather it is always the same guy that brings albums in to the local record shop. The 80's ECM vinyl with the dark grey centres are superb and worth going for if you can find them. Also New Note,ECM British distributor has good prices on about 200 titles. Contact David Frazer. [email protected]

kenneth cooke, Jul 20, 2006
  4. kenneth cooke

anubisgrau

there are a couple of amazing albums of eleni karaindrou that are not too far from the ambience of gourdjieff album, especially soundtracks for theo angelopoulos films such as odyssey's gaze (or last gaze of odyssey, can't remember a correct title now).

anubisgrau, Dec 28, 2006
Ask a Question