Charity shop finds!

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by Joe, May 9, 2005.

1. Joe

Joe

At the Bristol PDSA shop on Saturday I snapped up Beethoven's 3rd symphony, conducted by Eric Klieber with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, and a 10" 'medium play' recording of Ansernmet conducting Debussy orchestral works with the Suisse Romande Orchestra, both on Decca, and a DG box set of Kubelik conducting the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra in works by Mahler, Mozart, Falla and Janacek, for seven quid.

Joe, May 9, 2005
  2. Joe

Dynamic Turtle The Bydo Destroyer

My mother works in a charity shop and has been given a list of labels & artists to look out for. Found plenty of crackers for me over the past year, all for 50p each!

DT

Dynamic Turtle, May 9, 2005
  3. Joe

Joe

They vary in how well they spot the rarities. There's usually good stuff in stock in the PDSA shop, but it has a very quick turn-around time (apart from the James Last box set which has beenlanguishing there for months!), whereas AN Other charity shop just up the road has excellent stuff at giveaway prices, buried amongst loads of unsellable rubbish.

Joe, May 9, 2005
Ask a Question