China is coming at high level.

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by paulberry, Nov 18, 2003.

1. paulberry

paulberry Italian HiFi Reseller

What do you think about the high end products made in China?

I like products like Aeron (Italy) and Vincent (Germany) ,made in China.

I like the possibility to give an Hi-end solution for many people.

Here the inside photo about an amplifier of 30 w ClassA and 200 AB.(27+8 Kg.)

The related pre-amp is a valve preamplifier.

http://www.soundberry.com/0_0000f6.html

High definition photos need time to load.

And the price is 1350 euro for both + tax.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2003
    paulberry, Nov 18, 2003
  2. paulberry

merlin

Ah now (or Ah so) you sell those as well now don't you Chuck!

So you have to tell us in your signature I'm afraid old bean. Try again, this time "wiv feeering"

Nice looking amp BTW. Hoo makes it over in China.

merlin, Nov 18, 2003
  3. paulberry

titian

Are you trying to turn this forum in a junk sales site?
    First there is another section for these business.
    Second I would appreciate that you be careful in using terms like high end products.
    I supose you are offending quite a lot of people (including me) in this forum and around the world when using this terminology referring to what you show in those sites.
    It is nice to hear about other products but do not bring them as the salvation of the humanity.

I would also add a moral aspect:
    I believe it is sometimes better to support local (could also be refered to EU for example) products than to support those companies who take advantages of low cost workers in such countries like India or China. There are several local companies which bring on the market the same quality (if not better) and are not so much more expensive. They at least save our local economy and help that our disoccupation doesn't raise even more.

Se non hai capito, sarebbe meglio che vendessi prodotti del mercato europeo della stessa qualità anche se leggermente più costosi ma almeno così sostieni l'economia del paese dove vivi e partecipi attivamente a tenere la disoccupazione in certi limiti.
    E non sarebbe male se non abusi delle parole come HiEnd. A meno che non hai mai sentito un apparecchio di quella qualità.

grazie

ciao

titian, Nov 18, 2003
  4. paulberry

Robbo

Not that I am an expert or anything, but it doesnt look very high end in there!

The usher speakers look good value though, sounded OK at the heathrow show.

Robbo, Nov 18, 2003
  5. paulberry

michaelab desafinado

paulberry - I agree with titian. First of all, there is a Buy & Sell section on the forum (where I have moved this thread) and secondly, what you are doing (with the Usher thread aswell) is little more than blatant advertising which is totally against the ethos of this forum.

You're welcome to participate in discussions here but please don't just come on and advertise your wares in the very thin disguise of starting a discussion about Chinese kit.

On the other point I also agree with Titian that it's preferrable to support your local industries but of course that is a personal choice.

Michael.

michaelab, Nov 18, 2003
  6. paulberry

BlueMax

I don't understand how could this can be viewed as a 'moral' aspect!
    Cheap labour it might be (at least for the time being) but it brings in valuable foreign exchange to the developing countries which is in turn is used for trade with the west or to pay back the loans and interest to the IMF and the World Bank in which the rich western countires invest.

A win win situation for all concerned, more so for the west.
    IMHO

BlueMax, Nov 18, 2003
  7. paulberry

dunkyboy

Hear hear. I don't see why it should be viewed as "morally lacking" to design high quality equipment here in the Wonderful West, and then have them built at great savings in the Far East. Just sounds like good business to me - good for the manufacturer, good for the Chinese workers, good for (as BlueMax points out) the Western investors and IMF/World Bank, good for the consumer.

Dunc

dunkyboy, Nov 19, 2003
  8. paulberry

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Not sure if this is what was being said, or is as relevent for these certain companies but do a little research into how them workers are treated....

MO!, Nov 19, 2003
  9. paulberry

dunkyboy

You mean, they're treated like every other worker in China?

dunkyboy, Nov 20, 2003
  10. paulberry

BlueMax

Hypocratic attitudes of some multi-nationals such as Nike, who claim to have fair policies but turn a blind eye to workers being paid US$20 per week for 80 hour week in unsafe conditions can not be condoned.

Consumers should take action when they are exposed.

Having said that there are indeed many companies who have ethical policies towards their workers. Microsoft and Texas Instruments in India have helped much to improve matters there.

If greed is kept at bay, there is so much to be gained from the synergy of fair trade and co-operation.
    http://www.maketradefair.com/

BlueMax, Nov 20, 2003
  11. paulberry

titian

Yes it brings in valuable foreign exchange to the developing countries but it is not all used to trade back with the west. Only a very little amount comes back. In fact in a few weeks a chineese delegation was invited in the States to discuss how can China invest much more in the States. The weight at the moment is much more on the chineese side. The chineese delegation has cancelled the trip due to the taxes that were put recently on chineese clothes by the Bush's administration.
    It is much more better to invest money directly in the local industry. Why does the money have to go first to the east and then (eventually) back. It gets anyway in lots of hands and each take a part away. The people who take profit are those few guys (institutions, multinationals f.e.) we all know and not our economy (people).

titian, Nov 22, 2003
Ask a Question