Classics editor

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rodrigo de Sá, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Rodrigo de Sá

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

what about having a 'classic' editor (not strictly a moderator, there are hardly any arguments there)? I am not in the running, but I think several people could do the job nicely.

I say this because there are a lot of threads which would deserve sticky status and, above all, because threads change track every so often as to be impossible to know what is in each.

If requested, I will suggest names.

Please consider it.

Thanks.

Rodrigo de Sá, Apr 4, 2006
  2. Rodrigo de Sá

Dev Moderator

Hi RdS, why not let us know which threads you want to change to stickies? We might even carry out your requests:).

Dev, Apr 4, 2006
  3. Rodrigo de Sá

Rodrigo de Sá This club's crushing bore

OK, I'll tell you as soon as I have time to do it. But, for now, there is a thread (An introduction to classical music) which veered off quite suddenly to: what is the kind of music you like. That ought not to be in that thread which ought to be split.

I would suggest that the thread 'The music of JS Bach' be given sticky status and, more, it ought to be renamed: The Organ music of JS Bach, because that is what it is about.

Another interesting one is about Bach Partitas, but I cannot recollect the actual name of the thread, and since I began it ... I feel somewhat ill at ease to suggest its promotion to sticky status since I started it myself...

If I manage to have the time to search a little longer, I'll post again - or pm you, if you prefer.

That said, Tones would be a great moderator, don't you think? But I do understand the difficulties of having too many moderators.

Rodrigo de Sá, Apr 5, 2006
  4. Rodrigo de Sá

Joe

Indeed. One should be moderate in one's use of moderators.

Joe, Apr 5, 2006
  5. Rodrigo de Sá

lordsummit moderate mod

If you tell me what you want doing I'll be happy to sort it. I do know a little...... I suspect it's mostly a case of spring cleaning. We could start with the 'Introduction to classical music thread'
    I think one or two others could be unstuck and a few new stickies started. How about 'What classical I'm listening to now' and 'If I like this what else will I like'
    PM me if you want

lordsummit, Apr 5, 2006
Ask a Question