Creative Pebble v2 speakers (connected with 3.5mm extension cable) making crackling noises. Help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Mahbub, May 13, 2024.

1. Mahbub

Mahbub

Ok, so this is my desk setup for coding. I have two computers, one on the right side and another mini PC on the right. I needed a way to switch audio between the two so I came up with this (in picture). I connected 3.5mm extensions to both the PCs and ran it under the table clubbed with the 3.5mm wire from the speaker. Now when I need to connect the speaker, I just plug it into the 3.5mm extension from the PC I wanna work on. The problem is that when I use these extension cables the speaker makes crackling noises when playing YouTube or games or any sound, this doesn't happen when I plug in directly. The extension cables are from cable creation so they are high quality. What's the issue then? it's driving me crazy, I know I can get a 3.5mm switcher but those are expensive here, I have tried switching the power source, tweaking in the Realtek audio software, removing audio drivers, and updating bios but nothing helps except plugging directly which I cant because then I cant switch audio easily, HELP PLEASE. 20240513_233303.jpg 20240513_233353.jpg

Mahbub, May 13, 2024
Ask a Question