Crimson Monobloc Wiring Diagrams

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Bloosman, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Bloosman

Bloosman

Can anyone tell me where I can obtain wiring diagrams/schematics for Crimson Electric 630's...?

Cheers,

Dougie.

Bloosman, Nov 5, 2005
  2. Bloosman

zanash

I've had hunt arround but been unable to find anything......what did you have in mind to do ?

zanash, Nov 8, 2005
  3. Bloosman

Bloosman

Thanks for trying...I opened them up, following my previous post about them interfering with my speakers when being switched off, and wondered if the person who built them (I purchased second hand) has maybe skimped on the construction...
    There is no seperate on/off switch on the amps, as I'm sure there should be and, if this is the case, what else has been missed out ? Also, if I made any attempt to change any caps, I'd rather have something to work from.
    Cheers,
    Dougie.

Bloosman, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Bloosman

zanash

Its a while since I've delved into the crimson.....I think they were turned on by the pre amp.....but it must be 20years !

If the swich off thump has only just become a problem I'd think it would be a cap or caps . You could always leave them on....or always make certain the volume is zero before hitting the power off.

does the switch have a bypass film cap on it ?

zanash, Nov 8, 2005
  5. Bloosman

Bloosman

Zanash,

My Crimsons are powered direct from the mains, not via the preamp. They have captive mains cables and are switched on when the plug is inserted - no on/off switch on the amps themsleves - I'm sure this shouldn't be the case.

Bypass film cap...?

Dougie.

Bloosman, Nov 9, 2005
  6. Bloosman

zanash

Right that clears that up!

To add an on off switch is not beyond question, but if your not confident don't do it.

A bypass cap is used to allow a small ammount of electricity to flow as a switch is opened preventing a "spark" across the contacts, sometimes I think called a snubber.

Of course this is of no use to you !

You need to establish if its the preamp or the power amps creating the noise.

As to on/ off switches an easy solution is to use the wall socket switches....not ideal though.

zanash, Nov 9, 2005
  7. Bloosman

Bloosman

Cheers Zanash...

Thinks..."maybe I'll just buy a new power amp and save the hassle..."

Bloosman, Nov 9, 2005
  8. Bloosman

zanash

If you want to pm me I may be able to offer some assistance

zanash, Nov 10, 2005
Ask a Question