Dance Music - whats your favourite?

Discussion in 'General Music' started by andy c!, Aug 27, 2003.

1. andy c!

Bill Phabb

i much prefer their newer work like FabricLive and Eargasm

Bill Phabb, Aug 29, 2003
  2. andy c!

sg[uk]

yeah, fabriclive is great but i must admit tho i like eargasm, it came across as a bit of a disappointment to me. maybe i was expecting too much

sg[uk], Aug 29, 2003
  3. andy c!

Bill Phabb

yeah Eargasm was a little dissappointing but they have evolved from the simple sounds of 'A Plump Night Out'. One trouble with Eargasm is it came out at similar times to Emotional Technology and Morning Sci Fi and i feel its the weaker of the three

Bill Phabb, Aug 29, 2003
  4. andy c!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I said they "suck ass". No i've not heard them. It was in response to a comment on another thread.

As for DnB reccomendations. I didn't mention any myself as it doesn't really seem like it's what he's after going on the names mentioned in the first post.

How about a reply andy, let us know if we're pointing you in the right direction.

MO!, Aug 29, 2003
  5. andy c!

andy c! Z Cars Rule!

Thanx for the posts above,
    I'm already heavily into dance stuff, mainly trance, prog etc but was just looking for some new ideas as i seem to have covered most things...

Recent likes are:
    BT: Emotional technology
    Global Underground: Deep Dish Moscow
    Kraftwerk Tour De France (not really dance - more electronic)
    Goldfrapp - black cherry

Tried some M of S and gatecrasher stuff but too commencial

andy c!

andy c!, Aug 29, 2003
  6. andy c!

Bill Phabb

nice, i have similar taste. i really like that particular GU. you gonna buy Hybrids' Morning Sci Fi?

Bill Phabb, Aug 30, 2003
  7. andy c!

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Finaly got round to listening to some Goldfrapp the other night. Two albums and both very good. Sort of a middle ground between Portishead and Lamb.

MO!, Aug 30, 2003
  8. andy c!

Bill Phabb

i just pre ordered it with the bonus DVD :D

Bill Phabb, Aug 30, 2003
  9. andy c!

andy c! Z Cars Rule!

Hi,
    thanx for the Hybrid suggestion - ordered. Did you see that Deep Dish have a new compilation out called 'penetrate deeper'?
    They do some really good mixes so I've ordered that on their name being on it alone...

andy c!

andy c!, Aug 30, 2003
  10. andy c!

sg[uk]

m0! i love the plumps, awesome synth control and wickedf mastering. they definitely live up to the "plump" name! its not easy to make those kicks and basslines sound so 'PH' fat ;) if u haven't heard them then check out move it iwith ur mind, the push and scram asap! was just having a laff btw, didnt mean to have a go mate, sorry!

the dnb rec's weren't really on topic but imo the stuff i mentioned is too good for any rice lover to miss. who here actually likes dnb? for me, its definitely moving further forward than any other dance genre. the very best dnb producers now imo are real musicians, following in the footsteps of herbie and lonnie liston smith. dnb seems to me to be the only genre with any real soul left!

andy: have seen ads fotr penetrate deeper but not heard it, please let us all know how it is

btw: forgot adam f - colours in my previous dnb rec's list. i know it's old but it's my favourite dnb album ever i think. circles would definitely fit into my all time top 5

sorry for going on and on about music that no one here likes ;)

sg[uk], Aug 31, 2003
  11. andy c!

themadhippy seen it done it smokin it

i much prefer a quick foxtrot:D

themadhippy, Aug 31, 2003
  12. andy c!

sideshowbob Trisha

sideshowbob, Aug 31, 2003
  13. andy c!

Bill Phabb

i have not seen the new deep dish yet. if you have not heard Hybrid you might prefer their first album Wider Angle rather than the new one being released soon although it could easily be the other way round

Bill Phabb, Aug 31, 2003
  14. andy c!

andy c! Z Cars Rule!

Cheers, Bill.
    On a shinier note you could try either of the most recent Oakenfold releases - Swordfish soundtrack or Bunkka (I think thats how its spelled lol!).
    I prefer the Swordfish soundtrack (And also like looking at Halle Berry - of course), because its a darker more trancy mix than the other release. Production is quite toppy in places - but I've listened to worse recently.
    Oakey's 'presents another world' compilations are also not bad either...

andy c!, Sep 1, 2003
  15. andy c!

PBirkett VTEC Addict

Oakenfold is a good producer. The last album of his I bought was "Travelling", although its a compilation, not actually his work (on the whole), but still good stuff. I will have to check out some more Oakenfold stuff sometime.

Incidentally, probably my favourite Oakenfold Track is "Element 4", better known as the Big Brother theme, what an excellent track this is :D

PBirkett, Sep 1, 2003
  16. andy c!

Bill Phabb

and because it reminds me of Big Brother i hate it

Bill Phabb, Sep 1, 2003
  17. andy c!

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Yeah - it might well remind people of BB, but I'm with Paul on this - killer sound :)

domfjbrown, Sep 2, 2003
  18. andy c!

andy c! Z Cars Rule!

If you like the big brother theme you will like 'Man with no name - Earth moving the sun' on perfecto records. Its shiny happy trance like the BB theme on at least 6 of the tracks - variations on a theme really...
    It not a new CD tho - I think at least 3 yrs since it was released - possibly more....

andy c!, Sep 2, 2003
  19. andy c!

andy c! Z Cars Rule!

Just took delivery of the 'Latest' Deep Dish release, 'penetrate deeper', which is in fact a re-mix of the original which came out in 1995.
    It's ok, especially if you like BT as some of his very early stuff is on this CD. Problem is there is nothing 'new' sounding, if you see what I mean.

andy c!, Sep 10, 2003
  20. andy c!

Bill Phabb

yeah i saw it in HMV yesterday. didnt tempt me enough, i ended up buying Layo & Bushwackas Night Works. After a brief listen its sounds very promising. Special edition for £10

Bill Phabb, Sep 11, 2003
Ask a Question