Diana - accident or murder?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaelab, Jan 7, 2004.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

All the recent attention in the press has got me thinking about this again. At first when a conspiracy theory was suggested I was very sceptical. If Mi6 (or whoever) wanted to bump Diana and Dodi off they'd arrange something more guaranteed to work than a car crash which is pretty unpredicatble. Of course there's the theory that if they weren't already dead they received "assistance" on their way to meet St. Peter either at the scene or at the hospital.

I thought it pretty unlikely even though I don't for a moment doubt that the Royal Family and/or Mi6 would be totally prepared to do something like that if they thought it was necessary. I can't see a compelling motive though. So Diana would have married an Egyptian and maybe had his kids? So maybe they would finally have had to give Dodi his UK citizenship (I don't like the guy but I think he deserved the citizenship long ago)? Big deal! We're not really talking National Security or constitutional crisis here :rolleyes:

Still, with a police investigation (which, if Mi6 were involved will be a whitewash) is happening maybe there really is something to it? I'm starting to believe that possibly it was murder. There was certainly something fishy going on that night.

I've always been a big conspiracy fan and until recently was convinced of conspiracy in the JFK assasination but the program that was on TV recently "JFK, beyond conspiracy" convinced me once and for all that Lee Harvey Oswald was just a nutter lone gunman and that's all there was to it :eek:

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 7, 2004
  2. michaelab

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

My own personal suspicion is that it was an accident, but that the contents of the Merc were shall we say more class A than A class. There has already been an admission that certain substances (i.e. beak) were found in the car, and the lack of inquest and “loss†of certain key medical evidence by the French authorities implies that it wasn't just found in the car! Imagine the Daily Hatemail headlines...

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 7, 2004
  3. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

Daily Hatemail - very apt :)

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 7, 2004
  4. michaelab

MO! MOnkey`ead!

everyone likes a conspiracy, and like you say, there does seem to be MOre to it than we've been told. However, what MOtive? Unless there was MOre going on than I/we are aware, she didn't really pose much of a "threat".

Like Tony, I think any conspiracy would be in the covering up of things like the ruMOurs they were off their respective nutts.

MO!, Jan 7, 2004
  5. michaelab

MO! MOnkey`ead!

I find it hard to believe that JFK was anything but a conspiracy! I missed the beyond conspiracy program, and no doubt exageration could, and will work both ways. What did it say to convince you?

MO

MO!, Jan 7, 2004
  6. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

The "Beyond Conspiracy" docco was very good. It actually examined all the available evidence to show, quite categorically, that
    - there were just 3 shots fired
    - that they all came from the school book repository
    - that the third and last shot was the killer one
    - that it was perfectly feasible to fire the 3 shots in the time available
    - that the range to target wasn't actually that far for someone of well documented sharp shooting prowess as LHO

It also debunked beyond doubt the hocus pocus bullshit in the film "JFK" (and many other conspiracy books) about:

- the "magic" (2nd) bullet that must have stopped, moved around etc. to in order to cause the injuries it did to JFK and the governer sitting in front of him (the conspiracists have the position of the two people in the car completely wrong).
    - the "fourth" shot heard on some police bike radio that had been left open. The bike in question wasn't anywhere near the right location to have "heard" the shot and the extremely crackly audio is at best dubious.

To do all this they basically recreated the whole scenario in a 3D computer model which can be moved back and forth through time, based largely on the Zapruder film but also other data

So, it first clearly establishes only 3 shots and all from the same place. Then it goes to show that the only person who could have been up there was LHO and offers plenty of evidence for it. It also shows LHO as a disturbed loner who was seeking attention and to make his mark on the world (and JFK wasn't his first assasination attempt). It also shows Jack Ruby (who killed LHO) as being only tenously connected to the mob, if at all. It shows him as an angry man, furious that JFK had been killed coming into the police station almost by accident at the right moment and just killing LHO as an impulse reaction to seeing him there.

I won't go on anymore, you really should watch it. All the pillars of the various conspiracy theories are comprehensively knocked down and crushed. It also goes to show that the Oliver Stone film "JFK" is 90% fiction. Unfortunately most American's views of the assasination come from that film :rolleyes:

I have it on video - if you're really interested I can mail it to you (as long as I get it back!).

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 7, 2004
  7. michaelab

julian2002 Muper Soderator

diana: famous dizzy bint who got into a car driven by someone too drunk to see. end of story really.
    i thought the public reaction to the death of diana was so overblown as to be a national embarassment, she didn;t care more than anyone else, she just had a better publicist.
    cheers

julian

julian2002, Jan 7, 2004
  8. michaelab

dunkyboy

Hi Michael,

I'd really like to see this, but I feel bad asking you to go to the trouble of sending it to me from Portugal... Isn't there some way you could record it to DIVX or something..? I have an FTP server you could upload it to.

Otherwise, I would very much appreciate it if you could post me the video. :)

Dunc

dunkyboy, Jan 7, 2004
  9. michaelab

The Devil IHTFP

It was pretty daft not wearing a seatbelt, particularly since she allegedly had paranoid delusions that a road accident was going to be arranged for her.

The Devil, Jan 8, 2004
  10. michaelab

joel Shaman of Signals

And of course, it was totally f*****g suicidal to get into a large, fast car driven by someone who was drunk.
    Didn't know about the Class A. Not a big surprise if true, though.

joel, Jan 8, 2004
  11. michaelab

tones compulsive cantater

As somebody once said about Elvis's death, good career move. People will remember her as forever glamorous and won't see her slide into frumpy middle and old age with an increasing number of increasingly embarrassing affairs behind her.

tones, Jan 8, 2004
  12. michaelab

auric FOSS

Best ever advert for wearing a seat belt - the only person to wear one was the only one left alive. Let this be her legacy.

Auric

auric, Jan 8, 2004
  13. michaelab

penance Arrogant Cock

Absolutly!
    The whole mass hysteria was a complete embarresment to the country.
    After all, not like she was a personal friend of every UK citizen.

Although, the up side was that the roads were so quiet on the day of the funeral, it was like haveing my own private race track;)

penance, Jan 8, 2004
  14. michaelab

auric FOSS

The whole episode of popular canonization and elivation to possible martyrdom of someone who at best can be considered to have IMO a somewhat dubious set of values shows just how starved of positive role models most people are and their all too consuiming desire to live their lives vicariously through whoever is promoted by the media as being the "flavour of the month".

Clunk klick every trip!

Auric:(

auric, Jan 8, 2004
  15. michaelab

The drugs found in the car have been mentioned and then ignored by just about every TV 'investigation' into the accident - the quote always goes along the lines of '…and a quantity of illegal substances were also found in the wreckage'. Then they move on, seemingly too scared of drawing the obvious conclusion.

Most royalists are tedious right wing Daily Mail reading types with incredibly blinkered views of drugs (and everything else), so will be absolutely horrified if their sacred 'Peoples Princess' is revealed to be just a posh coke-head (it would explain the “anorexia†too!). It will be incredibly funny to watch - I strongly suspect this is exactly what will happen if the inquest proves anything other than a whitewash.

You were so lucky, I was living in Shepherds Bush and you simply couldn't move for idiot tourists / royalists with flowers.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 8, 2004
  16. michaelab

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Yep - if you will get into a car being driven by someone pissed and stoned, expect the unexpected and always wear a seatbelt.

That said, I reckon she was bumped off - the evidence suggests that Dodi and Diana's bodies were embalmed at the hospital BEFORE the autopsy, and apparently formaldahyde removes traces of drug use/pregnancy, so any potential scandal was conveniently obliterated by the French doctors. Plus of course if you're that important, why are you allowing a drunk incapable tool drive you somewhere when you're bound to have other people available who can drive?

You're so right about the media and mourning though - blatantly OTT and the rehash of Candle in the wind made me cry for reasons totally seperate to Diana's death :)

Why couldn't it have been that Charlie boy instead though? Diana and the Queen mum are the only two Royals I could care about at all. All the flotsum we have left are irrelevant.

Oh - and why wasn't Princess Anne's dog put down after it savaged those kids - any normal prole's would have been...

domfjbrown, Jan 8, 2004
  17. michaelab

The Devil IHTFP

Of course she wasn't 'bumped off'. Think of the logistics involved in trying to arrange a car accident in a large capital city. Certain things may or may not have been obscured subsequently, but the accident was obviously an accident.

The Devil, Jan 8, 2004
  18. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

People seem to be implying that they got into the car with Henri Paul knowing he was drunk and stoned. I think if that had been at all obvious they wouldn't have got in.

Tut-tut for not wearing a seat belt though :rolleyes: .

Funny how the only survivor was ex-SAS and now "doesn't remember anything" :MILD: Maybe he always wears a seat belt, OTOH maybe he knew they were going to be in for a "rough" ride...

The balance of evidence still points to accident though. Contrary to JFK there's really no solid motive for anyone who had the means to do it.

Michael.

michaelab, Jan 8, 2004
  19. michaelab

domfjbrown live & breathe psy-trance

Why not? I've been known to quite often get lifts off of mates who shouldn't be on the road - either stoned and/or pissed - and I'd rather take the risk than walk 5 miles. If your number's up...

I do NOT advocate driving under anything other than sober conditions though - it's selfish on you, your passengers, and anyone else you might encounter - not to mention bloody stupid...

domfjbrown, Jan 8, 2004
  20. michaelab

Was he actually pissed? The medical “evidence†revealed so far seems incredibly unreliable, IIRC the documentary that Michael refers to earlier quoted some totally surreal blood stats, something like a fatal dose of carbon-monoxide was claimed (I can't remember exactly, but something well weird anyway). The security camera that showed them all leaving the hotel caught Paul looking quite stable and agile – he bent down to tie a shoelace without any wobbles or outward indication of being off his head. Must be coke then… I've got my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it…

I guess its unfair to expect the poor woman to hoover such huge amounts of coke up her nose when confined by a seatbelt ;)

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 8, 2004
Ask a Question