Digital Clock Generator

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by Tenson, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

Is it possible to build a thing that generates a clock signal that a piece of equipment with a digital in can lock on to, and that is basically a digital thru?

What I mean is.. I have a soundcard that has a digital in and out (optical) and a piece of external digital equipment (Behringer DEQ2496). I on my old soundcard I used to send my mix out of the digital out and through the DEQ2496 for compression, EQ etc… then record it back in in the soundcards digital in. However, on my new soundcard it will only record from the digital in if it can take its signal lock from there. As the DEQ2496 takes it lock from the soundcard, I have a problem!

My idea is that if I can build something that will give a clock signal for the deq or soundcard to lock on to and that can at the same time pass thru the signal from the soundcard or DEQ then I should be sorted. No more trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps!

Is it possible, and is it easy?!

Any help appreciated.

Tenson, Jul 18, 2005
  2. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

No one knows how to do such a thing then? :(

Tenson, Jul 20, 2005
Ask a Question