Digital Output Board work in progress

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by I-S, Jul 11, 2004.

1. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Here's some pictures from my work in progress on installing the Trichord Digital Output Board into the CD16.

Slight hiccup yesterday evening where the player would stop working after 15 minutes or so, but that seems to be resolved now.

[​IMG]

This shows the overall installation, with the PSUs next to the existing power supply.

[​IMG]

The powersupplies themselves.

[​IMG]

The DOB. I haven't yet mounted the connectors for its outputs, so no wires to them either.

I've done a pretty neat job of the installation I think (and also mounted an IEC socket onto the player, rather than the trailing IEC socket it had before). The psus are screwed to the back panel. The DOB itself is screwed to a vertical part of the internal chassis, as close as possible to the required clock point. The CRITICAL (are you listening michael? :p ) clock leads are as short as possible a twisted pair.

Had to buy myself a drill, dremel and new soldering iron for this...

I-S, Jul 11, 2004
  2. I-S

michaelab desafinado

Looking good Isaac. Is that a separate PSU for each rail? :eek: I used a dual-rail PSU for mine. I know the clock wires are supposed to be short but it was just WAY too much work to arrange that on my old Marantz and anyway, it was my first DIY project :p

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 13, 2004
  3. I-S

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

I was sent two single-rail psus. I guess they must have been out of stock on the duals.

For the clock wires, they also want to be a twisted pair (or coax), although I dare say with the TEAC doing main duties now you'll not be bothered...

I-S, Jul 13, 2004
  4. I-S

michaelab desafinado

Exactly, I'm not really fussed about my Marantz any more. The laser is on its last legs and I only use it occasionally in the office.

Michael.

michaelab, Jul 13, 2004
Ask a Question