Do you ever get times when you just think stuff it all?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Nov 28, 2005.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

I am having a very bad day for varius reasons and I just feel like stuffing it all.

I've had a bad weekend where I didn't want to go out or doing anything and I feeling the same today. At the same time I have no energy to do it.

Some idiot left some hurtful comments which remanded me about my unhappy school days (it was refering to a medical conditon I used to suffer from). On top of that my mum was making some comments about my DIY skills when I suggested I built a new SOHO worktop for my bedroom.

I shouldn't let little petty things like this get to me but everything seems such an effort these days. As most people will know its been the worst year of my life.

Loosing two relatives, being turned down for 50+ jobs, being told their is after all no funding for new businesses from the business chamber and this awful weather. I just don't see how things can ever improve at the moment :(

Sorry for the big moan I thought everything was going well and today it feels like a wall has been built at both ends of the tunnel.

I am starting a new part time course tomorrow though so I need to try and make a smile for that.

amazingtrade, Nov 28, 2005
  2. amazingtrade

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Get yourself a copy of doom3 and blow stuff up.

I-S, Nov 28, 2005
  3. amazingtrade

Hehe I can't afford it, (and I don't do pirated software). I usualy take my anger out in Vice City but I have played that 1 trillion times now. When I am not working (for my business) or doing anything else to help I get depressed.

I don't know how any umemployed people can actually choose to be in that position of isolation.

I should force myself to get on with my website as it least it will feel like I have done somthing then.

4. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

Go and see your GP you might not snap out of this without some help.

T-bone Sanchez, Nov 28, 2005
  5. amazingtrade

Sadly my GP is part of the problem :) But for obvious legal reasons until my grandads inquest I cannot discuss that.

There is somebody at the church who has helped my grandma (he knows all the history with my grandad and my uncle) a lot but I would not have a clue how to get in touch with him as I don't know anything about churches. I also don't want any of this getting back to my grandma.

6. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

Go to a different GP then, trust me I know what Im talking about.

7. amazingtrade

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Great idea Isaac, got any cheats for Doom3 on the Xbox? or anyone!!!

wadia-miester, Nov 28, 2005
  8. amazingtrade

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

cheats for games? Pah! Your weak! I outa get my BFG out and frag your ass!!!

lAmBoY, Nov 28, 2005
  9. amazingtrade

7_V I want a Linn - in a DB9

Climb Everest and meet the Dalai Lama.

Regards
    Steve M

7_V, Nov 28, 2005
  10. amazingtrade

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Too bloody cold and he's never in. Make sure you ring him first.

lAmBoY, Nov 28, 2005
  11. amazingtrade

T-bone Sanchez

'frag you ass' what does that..................actually, no, Id rather not know..............

12. amazingtrade

I tried and becuase I already have a GP I can't change becuase they are all full. You need to have a good reason and I cannot say because I blame her for the death of my grandad (she failed to spot he had cancer, by the time it was discovered it had spread to his liver).

For the moment I am looking into volunteering to get me out of the house.

13. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

go to the gym and invest in a punchbag - that'll cheer you up, build you up and give you more confidence....you need it imo!

mr cat, Nov 28, 2005
  14. amazingtrade

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Unlike the masses here some of us work (LOL) I've completed all the others without cheating but the x/box version just winds me up so any help would be greatifully appriecated ta !!

wadia-miester, Nov 28, 2005
  15. amazingtrade

auric FOSS

Step away from the screen.
    Switch off the computer.
    Go outside and talk to lanother iving person. (Double points if you have never spoken with them before.)

Why are you still peering into the screen?

auric, Nov 28, 2005
  16. amazingtrade

lordsummit moderate mod

AT, you must go to your doctor and seek help, you don't have to tell him why you're depressed, but just describe your symptoms. Depression is an illness like others and often cures can be made. Not dealing with it will end in you feeling worse.

lordsummit, Nov 28, 2005
  17. amazingtrade

jtc

Hey, the Dalai Lama rec. is a good one. Went to see him talk a week ago - very interesting and spiritually enlightening, though not as much as I'd hoped. A great man of peace, we can learn a lot from such people.

Agree also with auric's advice above: when you feel down, computers are the last place you want to be. Try doing something energetic - maybe a walk or run - and steer clear of the drink if you're feeling sombre. Chin up, mate!

jtc, Nov 28, 2005
  18. amazingtrade

Yep alchohol is the last thing I need right now I only ever drink when I am happy which is why I didn't go out this weekend.

I don't think am depressed as such as becuase other some times I feel quite happy and chirpy.

If am I still feeling down in a few weeks I will go to the doctors.

19. amazingtrade

Heavymental

Yep...agree with that...sitting on yer ars infront of a screen of any kind doesn't help you feel better. Why not go out for a walk every day. Its free, requires no skill and is good enough exercise to make you fitter, which in turn will make you feel better. Its clinically proven to help with depression. Manchester must have miles of streets you've never been to and a whole load of sights to see.

Why not set yourself a photo assignment. Go and get some pics on a certain theme....like 'red' or 'decay' or something to give some direction to your amble. You like taking pics, got a camera and a load of time so why not improve your skills.

If its raining...get a coat and wear boots...but just get out there and expand your sphere of living beyong your 4 walls.

We don't want to see threads from you (nothing personal) every minute of the day....let us know you've left the house and are making the most of your time off by sodding off!

We also discussed cooking on one of birketts life coaching threads....you made any soup yet or taught yourself some recipes!?

Being unemployed needn't be a downer...teach yourself some mental fortitude by just getting out there. Dig yourself out of the hole by doing something useful cus playing Doom sure as sh*t won't help!

Heavymental, Nov 28, 2005
  20. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Mr Trade. You have a fair few posts like this on the forum, I am guessing you are not particuarly interested in attention seeking, however it is clear to even those of us not in the profession that you are depressed.

I went through it aged 20-23 I took some pills which did not help, I also had a bit of councelling. In the end I decided that I had to do something about it, feeling sorry for myself was getting me no where.

I applied for a job well away from home, which was a ski season in the French Alps, I have not looked back. When depressed things like this can seen daunting (I was literaly petrifed when I was offered the job). However the worse symptom of depression for me was that thing in your mind, that ray of hope that you cling to no matter how unrealistic it is in your current state.

I said it before and I will say it again, starting a business when you feel like you do is not a good idea, its your ray of hope and should be so for the future, right now it is totally inappropriate.

For now you need to get off your arse and do Something. Get a job, there are thousands of jobs out there, they are not computer programming, but get out. Go and muck out horses or drive a tractor. Do something! (preferably something that involves people around you)

I having given this advice before, its perhaps harsh and I won't say it again, but you need to do something, because the chances are the status quo you find yourself in right now might well remain so indefinately, until you choose to do something about.

You have chosen to do something about it by posting here, thats a start but there is no magic potion sat at the bottom of this page. You need to do something positive for yourself.

garyi, Nov 28, 2005
Ask a Question